Host service costs reimbursed when guest cancels reservation? And invoice for changed rental amount?

Carolien1
Level 1
Arnhem, Netherlands

Host service costs reimbursed when guest cancels reservation? And invoice for changed rental amount?

I was printing my host service fee invoices from AirBnB and came across two odd things. The AirBnB help page does not explain so hopefully someone else can.

1. I had a guest change the reservation and now I have two invoices for host service fees from AirBnB. Does the second invoice replace the first invoice or is it an additional amount? (The reservation was extended with a second person and hence a higher rental amount in total.)

2. I had a guest cancel a reservation and now I have two invoices for host service fees from AirBnB. The second invoice is for 0.00 euro's. Again, does the second invoice replace the first invoice and why does it list zero euro's as the fee? I would expect a credit note instead with the amount of the first invoice as amount payable (with a minus sigh before it I mean).

3. Related to number 2: When a guest cancels a reservation, do I still pay the AirBnB service costs and if so, how are these paid/settled? I thought these were waived.

1 Antwoord 1
Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Carolien1,

Ik antwoord maar even in het Nederlands, want dit is tenslotte de Nederlandstalige Community.

De tweede factuur vervangt inderdaad de eerste factuur (in beide gevallen).

En als de uitbetaling nihil is, dan zijn er dus ook geen Airbnb verhuurderservicekosten van toepassing (even geen rekening houdend met lopende boetes en dat soort zaken).

Succes!

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf