How to put a notice on your listing when you are away?

Answered!
Wendy198
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

How to put a notice on your listing when you are away?

I was just on a cruise.  Unfortunately 3 people were interested in my apartment after we left port.  There is no WIFI on the ship.  Now my responce rate is 40%.  It would be nice if you could put a notice on your host page telling clients if you will not be available to respond for a few days.  

**[Updated Title]

1 Best Answer
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Wendy198 , next time you will be out of wifi range, just put your listing on "snooze" - that way nobody can see it for the days you stipulate, nobody can contact or book you, then it is automatically reinstated. Very easy, 100% effective.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Wendy198 , next time you will be out of wifi range, just put your listing on "snooze" - that way nobody can see it for the days you stipulate, nobody can contact or book you, then it is automatically reinstated. Very easy, 100% effective.

Where is the button on listings to suspend bookings and enquiries when away on holiday?

Bonny4
Level 1
Gold Canyon, AZ

Didn't know about the "snooze" action.  I will try that next time I am also out of WiFi range.  Thanks for that info.

Fred70
Level 2
Charlottesville, VA

Hi, Bonny! I had a VERY similar situation (2-week cruise) last year and put my listing on Snooze, but I also went one step further and notified many of my current/upcoming reservations that I would be out of contact for that timeframe. That way, if they had any questions, they would know when to anticipate a response. All of my booked guests replied with appreciation for the heads up.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great little tip there @Fred70, thanks for sharing 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Wendy198,

Lovely to meet you.

I am so pleased to see due to @Annette33, you have now discovered the 'Snooze' button. This is such a handy button to know about so I hope this will help you in the future, it also enables you to have some time to just relax (which I think everyone needs once in a while) and not like about having to reply to anyone.

To add, you might like to take a look at this Community Guide on how to 'Snooze' you listing, you will see the images in the guide as from the previous design of the site, but all of the instructions are accurate. 🙂

Lastly, in regards to your post to make it easier to follow the original thread you posted in and to make it easier for others to find your question, I have made your post and replies into a new topic here in the Help board. I hope this is fine with you.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie, I'm about to go on a cruise as well. I have blocked off the dates that I will be gone and I will message all of my upcoming guest. However, I would had to snooze my listing and miss out on future instant bookings. I also don't want to destroy my response rate. I wish there was a way that our email would could auto-reply. Is there no other options? I don't want to loose my super-host status.

Travis

I'm with you, Travis; I don't want to basically refuse all bookings for a while!  I already allow instant acceptance; an automated "I'm away, but you're good to go; I'll get back to you upon my return" OoO reply would be awesome.

On a side note, we're new to Augusta (howdy, neighbor! 🙂 and would love to chat about your hosting experience here. Would you reply here if you're interested?

David & Laura T-G

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Wendy198 Dont you receive sms on your phone when someone send you a message or book your place on Airbnb. If no please enable the sms notification setting so that you can reply to guests even when you are without wifi. This is how i always communicate with my guests when i am abroad. Putting your account on snooze will bring your listing into the abyss. Always reply fast whenever you can if you want a high response rate. Good luck!!!

I was on a cruise ship.  Any type of communication is very expensive and signal is not very reliable.  There was not enough time after the shore excursions.  Usually, I have rented my place before I leave on vacation.

I did reply to the inquiries explaining I would be out of reach for 12 days, but the days at sea put me after the 48 hour responce line.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Wendy

Mrs--Rita0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Not sure if you can put emails suspended for a number of days on Airbnb or if when you decide to remove a listing and perhaps put it back on at a later date how do you remove it temperally so noone will be seeing you for a set time or number of days in question?