Information about rules in NL

Alexander154
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Information about rules in NL

I have trouble finding a single place with rules for each city. There is a NL wide register but how to find specific rules instead of going to every city municipality page and reading all the news there? For example does Hague prohibit? What's up in Rotterdam? I know each city has a different policy. 

8 Antwoorden 8
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hallo @Mieke0 @Mirjam0, ik tag jullie even omdat dit een host uit Amsterdam is. Ik hoop dat jullie dit niet erg vinden! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

@Quincygeen probleem !
@Alexander154: unfortunately,  each city has its own rules for renting out to tourists and these rules change  constantly. So I am afraid that you have to ask at  each different  municipality what their specific rules are,  there is no central website where  you can find the links to the rules of each city. For

Amsterdam  we need a permit for either B&B ( less than 40%  of the space of yur house wher  you live in at the same time amoung other rules)  or Vakantieverhuur ( renting out your whole house/apartement  where you normally live, up to 30 days per year amoug other rules) 
The rules for Amsterdam are to be found here:
https://www.amsterdam.nl/wonen-leefomgeving/wonen/vakantieverhuur/

Alexander154
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

what about short term rentals? Someone that needs an entire place for 3 months? Not possible?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alexander154, you have to tag @Mirjam0 using "@" and then enter their name otherwise she won't receive a notification of your message 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Alexander154
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Mirjam0 forgot to tag you 🙂

Mirjam0
Level 10

@Alexander154 

Are YOU looking for a place to rent out for 3 months or do you have property that you want to rent out? 
I can only speak for Amsterdam but Short Stay permits are only given out in specific situations. 
Someone who is a trustworthy person and works with Short Stay apartements is Kobe Ceulemans, from L’Easeawy property management.  See  https://leaseaway.nl/ 
For Short stay rules in Amsterdam, see:

https://www.amsterdam.nl/wonen-leefomgeving/wonen/shortstaybeleid/

Renting out to people who can register on that address is easier. 

Alexander154
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Mirjam0 thanks for the answer. I used to be a super host in Amsterdam then I sold my property and am trying to figure out if it will be a good investment to buy a new one or are other cities better for that. I stopped with Airbnb in 2018 so I'm trying to understand the new rules. 

Mirjam0
Level 10

@Alexander154  best talk to a real estate manager  to find out what  the best is that you can do if you want to invest in a new property. 

If you don't want to live yourself in the house  that you want to buy  In Amsterdam,  you can only rent out easy on a longer term. 

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf