Is anyone else receiving awful customer service? ( this poor service is new)

Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

Is anyone else receiving awful customer service? ( this poor service is new)

Hi all,

Unfortunately, as a host,  I have had to reach out to customer service 4 different times in the last three months, and each time I have had horrible support via email and phone calls.

Emails bounce back. Claims are closed without review. Support is not immediate, I had to wait for two months for assistance with one claim.

I have been a full time host and occasional guest with AirBnB since 2009. Over this time span, when something comes up, I receive immediate, top notch support and resolution. Now, perhaps in the last 6 months, I am experiencing a serious decline in service.

Are other people experiencing this? 

To me, if I don't have great customer service, or reimbursement support for claims ( mine was a proven theft with police report) then why pay fees to AirBnB? Why stay with AirBnB?  I am quite perplexed, as this has been a nice business for me, and I feel it may be time to leave AirBnB. Are others feeling this way too?

273 Replies 273
Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

I love House Trip which is also Flip Key and Trip Advisor Vacation Rentals right? They seem to have the lowest fees, my question, as I am new to it, is how busy will I be? While I am listed on all of these and VRBO, right now VRBO is keeping me the busiest. 

Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

I too am having success with VRBO and I love that they now have the million dollar insurance policy at no charge to the host or the guest. The customer service hold times have never been more than 5 minutes, and thankfully I rarely need to call. 

Vanessa181
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Im fairly new to airbnb and one issue has become very clear... airbnb show little regard for the safety and fair treatmeat of the people who place themselves and their homes in the hands of this organisation ...making airbnb a great deal of money . 

The emphasis seems to be on keeping the guests happy so they keep spending... Do airbnb not realise the guests would not have anything to pay for were it not for the hosts !!

I have had a couple of problems.. the censoring of messages is a real nuisance but fortunatly Ive resolved things myself ... good thing really    

However   ...  I make one thing clear now... if a guest comes into my home and abuses my property ...disreaspects me or tries to pull a fast one and get a refund for no reason... I wont put up with it and any threat of with holding or taking my money will result in me parting company with airbnb and if needed taking problems to the police or the courts... immediatly... I will not pay a fortune 

making premium rate calls & being put on hold

I have been fully booked this month and most of last month and all my guests have been great,, thank goodness as airbnb host support is appaling and I do not know how they get away with it.#

There needs to be a web page for hosts which is not policed by airbnb so the interference Ive put up with when communicating through their site is not a concern.

There is one...airhostsforum.com

Vanessa181
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Many Thanks !!

Norm7
Level 1
Douglas, MI

How do you find direct contact with someone from Air B&B via email or phone?  I have an issue I need resolved and I can't find any way to contact anyone.  If anyone could help me out with a email address or phone number that would be appreciated.  Thanks Much!

Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

Try 415-800- 5959 or 1-888-326-5753

Fingers crossed you get your issue resolved!

Cristian61
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Yes. Their serrvice is really poor. Waiting for 8 days now to get a solution to my problem. What is visible until now is that there is no progress on the issue and no target date. Sad but true.

Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

Exactly what I am experiencing. Add one thing, when someone from customer service does finally reply ( if they do at all)  the response is half assed with errors because of it. 

I have waited as long as 2 months for a reply after being robbed by one of my guests. The "case manager" forgot to ask for the police report, failed to look at the pictures of the distructive path into my room to pilfer through my personal belongings. Because the "case manager" failed to look at the police report, she also failed to see that the guest was on the run from the police for felony cocaine charges, and the guest continues to be registered as a guest for other hosts. to deal with.

This is one of several bad stories I have in the past year. How is it that I even have one bad story? Shame on AirBnB! 

I hope TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals does better for us! VRBO is doing well for me too.

Same deal here, it is nearly impossible to create a ticket on airbnb help and if you manage to get any response, they are giving us a wishy-washy answer and will hurry to close your ticket before it get solved.

I am calling them again...

Mary409
Level 1
Decatur, GA

I have had multiple horrible experiences trying to create my profile and making reservations.  The customer support is awful, full of empty phrases like "we are committed to providing a positive experience" and "we are passionate about improving our services", while refusing to help me.  It feels like I'm interacting with robots, because they just keep repeating "our system doesn't allow us to do that".  

Emma94
Level 10
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Airbnb has outsourced its customer support to the deplorables. Your problem isn't their concern unless it interferes with their bottom line then you get the boot. 

Ashwin3
Level 1
Croydon, United Kingdom

You get poor service, you can't do anything.

I booked for 3 nights, stayed for 1 night. Cancelled got 10% of what I paid back. BUT WAY CAN LEAVE FEEDBACK SO OTHERS CAN BE WARNED

@Ashwin3  It is unclear from your post what caused your cancellation of a 3 day reservation after a single night.  It is also not clear what steps you took to cancel and if you involved the Air BNB customer service representative.  However, that being stated, if the reason for the cancellation was either an extenuating circumstance or a host/listing issue, Air BNB is able to cancel your reservation and relocate to an appropriate alternative.  If you never involved Air BNB beyond the automated functions and believe you deserve a refund, you can call them.  You should have an appropriate phone number on your reservation confirmation. If your reason for cancellation was related to your change of plans, then the listing's cancellation policy will direct the automated refund process.  Hope this helps.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I have had a few horrible experiences trying to get in touch with airbnbs CSR. The worst time was when I was on hold for 1 and 1/2 hours... yes, 90 minutes waiting for a CSR to answer. When they finally did answer, they couldn't help me with my listing being invisible. 

Then, I call and am on hold for 20 mins, someone answers and I explain my problem. They put me on hold for another 10 mins and then just hang up on me! WTF?

The worst thing about airbnb is their customer service. I guess they make too much money to bother caring what their customers think? We are expendable because we are so many in numbers.