Loss of SuperHost Status due to a Guest Cancellation

Marisa87
Level 1
Beverly, MA

Loss of SuperHost Status due to a Guest Cancellation

Hello!

A guest had cancelled his reservation for my condo six months in advance,via email.  In an effort to help, I cancelled his reservation on AirBNB.

Now I see that 1.) my SuperHost status has been revoked, and 2.) the reservation period is blocked on the AirBNB and another calendar(Marathon week in Boston, no less) so I cannot rent it.

I obviously made a mistake, but is there no remedy for this?  I have 40+ reviews and the vast majority are 5 stars.

My attempts to contact AirBNB directly have been unsuccessful.

Help!

Many thanks,

Marisa

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Marisa87  Yes you made a mistake by cancelling on behalf of the guest.  I would assume your communication about the guest's desire to cancel is on the Air BNB messaging system.  I have seen discussion threads in which the host penalties were waived in this situation but you need to speak with an Air BNB representative.  Use the Super Host phone number and call at 5 AM, not kidding, 5 AM.  Low call volume time works every time for me.  Now I wake up at 4 so it is not a big deal, but you might need to set an alarm:)  Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Vicki62
Level 1
Australia

Hi Marisa, geeze Ive been bothered by the same problem, I had a guest cancel as well, to help them I took the cancellation on the chin, cancelled for them so they wouldnt be charged and I am being threatend daily about not getting super host. I have had 100% 5 star feedback, I always respond within an hour (even if they come in at midnight :0)  I did a favor for someone I dont even know and I am now suffering. I cant get hold of Air bnb to tell them it wasnt me???

Sorry to hear you had the same problem but glad Im not the only one

Vicki

Gold Coast 

Janet288
Level 1
Stuart, FL

I never cancelled a guest reservation- they did it themselves and I lost mny superhost status. I have 5 start, 100 % everything, so how does that work? I can't even FIND a phone number for them.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Janet288

You possibly think the guest cancelled, did you get a message saying the guest has requested to cancel this booking. You then get 2 options 1/ accept the cancellation or 2/ decline the cancellation, if you click 1 you have cancelled and if you click 2 the guest has to contiinue to cancel the booking.

Contact airbnb and plead ignorance, click the link to Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide

Hi Janet sorry to hear that story from you, may I suggest, ring Air bnb, explain what really happened and they will further assist by correcting the wrong. TYhis happened to me and thats what I did.  Have a good day Vicki (Super Host Gold Coast )