My room was flooded, want to cancel without penalty.

Answered!
Mine1
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

My room was flooded, want to cancel without penalty.

Hi guys, I'm one of the host.

Some of the pipe in my room was broken when i'm not at the condominium. When I know about it, the room was already flooded. It is so bad, the water goes under all the floor of the room, which i think it will take a lot of time to fix all of the room.

The problem is we have a reservation in the next 2 month ( 4 nights ). And now I don't think that I can host them anymore until the room is fixed. When i try to send an cancellation request, Airbnb said that i will be penalized for 50$

Is there anyway to avoid this. Paying to fix the floor is already too much for us, and now we have to pay for another 50$ to Airbnb.

Ps. we have a photo of the flooded room if it's needed.

Thanks for your help

Pok

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mine1

Contact AirBnB - this will probably fall under extenuating circumstances and they should cancel for you, penalty free, and find your guests somewhere else to stay.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mine1

Contact AirBnB - this will probably fall under extenuating circumstances and they should cancel for you, penalty free, and find your guests somewhere else to stay.

Thanks for your replying,

I'm really new to Airbnb, and i can't find a way to direct contact to Airbnb.

Could you please provide me a link to contact Airbnb please.

Thank you very much

Pok

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mine1,

Sorry to hear about your flood, I hope it is drying out a little bit. 

In terms of a contact number, you can find a Community Guide on the different ways to reach the team, as the second post down in the Community Help board here in the CC.

I hope you get this sorted.

Lizzie

(Thanks @Gerry-And-Rashid0) 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

How do I contact airbnb to submit a similar claim?