Paying via bank transfer on AirBnB + is Airbnb e-mail <booking@airbnb-enterprise.com> correct?

Misja0
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Paying via bank transfer on AirBnB + is Airbnb e-mail <booking@airbnb-enterprise.com> correct?

Hi,

I'm trying to make a reservation for a chalet in Sankt Anton in Austria.

The host is telling me the following:
"I had experienced 3 charge backs in the past. I will get paid from Airbnb, but the investigation is taking longer than expected, so there is a delay in getting the money in my bank account. Payout duration can be up to a month which I am no longer tolerate. With Last Minute Deal the payment must be made with bank transfer (2.400€ + 1.000€) directly to Airbnb in maximum 24 hours after the Last Minute Deal invoice is received in your email address. So this way I will be paid in one working day after your check-in confirmation. There are the same guarantees. The only difference is the payment method. The money will be held by Airbnb until your check-in confirmation. Only after this I will receive the money from them."

I did receive two e-mails (1st for the reservation and 2nd for billing receipt) from the following Airbnb e-mail => <booking@airbnb-enterprise.com>

I have a few questions:
1) How do I know if these two e-mails is really from Airbnb and Airbnb e-mail => <booking@airbnb-enterprise.com> is correct?

2) Is it true that for Last Minute Deal the payment must be made with bank transfer

3) The request is to make a payment outside of Airbnb but to an Airbnb bank account in Spain (see attached billing receipt e-mail), is this a true/correct Airbnb bank account?

Thanks for clarifying,

confirmation. There are the same guarantees. The only difference is
the payment method. The money will be held by Airbnb until your
check-in confirmation. Only after this I will receive the money from
them.

Note: YOU WILL GET THE SECURITY DEPOSIT (€1.000.00) BACK ON THE
CHECK OUT DATE if there are no damages in the house!

Before I inform Airbnb to send you the LAST MINUTE DEAL INVOICE I need
your confirmation that you agree with the bank transfer payment.

If you are unable to follow my terms and conditions I am sorry but I
have to cancel the booking.
Please let me know what you decide.

3 Antwoorden 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello,

I think you should inform Airbnb about this, as it looks like  a scam.

Procedures are not those of Airbnb.

Can you post the link to this guesthouse here ?

You should also read:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Added: I asked Airbnb (via Twitter)  also to have a look at your post, maybe they can give you the right answer !

Best regards,

Emiel

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello,

Airbnb responded very quickly to the question via Twitter:

"

Hi there, all legitimate payments take place through the official Airbnb website. The situation described isn't reflective of how Airbnb conducts business, so we recommend that you halt any transactions and suggest that you discontinue further conversation with the host. More here: http://abnb.co/KVUQsU  We hope this helps

"

Best regards,

Emiel

Misja0
Level 1
The Hague, Netherlands

Thanks! This helps very much and confirms what we already thought... 

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf