Reviews

Stan22
Level 1
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, France

Reviews

I have recieved a booking request from a person who is memeber of airbnb since 2012 but has no reviews yet. Is it normal? My worry is that they were cancelled because of some issues.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I would expect more bookings.  But I could also imagine that lots of people have joined at the suggestions of friends just to see what the fuss is all about.  And it might have taken this long to actually want to travel via Airbnb.

Hard to know what the story is.  You might just ask the person, saying that you had noticed that he/she had been a member since 2012, but had no reviews, and were wondering if this is his/her first trip.  I would think that would not at all be a strange question.  Both guests and hosts know that we all look at reviews.

Stan22
Level 1

Thanks, I also asked Airbnb staff and they confirmed that many people don't travel immediately and that there is no way for a member to take out bad reviews. Cheers 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stan22

Not at all strange - I think we were members for about 3 years before first booking. A lot of our guests have no reviews and have been members for at least a year or more - all great guests!

Stan22
Level 1

Thanks!