Unable to edit review within 48 hour window

Corie1
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Unable to edit review within 48 hour window

I wanted to modify a review and went back within the 48 hr window to make a change, but, there was no editing option available. 

I'm very frustrated that I can't contact Airbnb directly and that they didn't give the full 48 hour period to make subsequent edits as they'd promised.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Corie

3 Replies 3
Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

@Corie1

Airbnb do allow up to 48hrs to edit a review, unless the other party posts their review - then the clock stops and both reviews are published.

If you were wanting to change your Carmel Cottage review - I am guessing that Airbnbbwill not allow it as it doesn't really qualify as bad enough to change and the host gave you a nice review.

Best Wishes.  But you can try - so go ahead and contact Airbnb and ask - twitter works best - @airbnbhelp 

Vidhu0
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

This is super frustrating. I left a great review for my host (it took me 20 min to write) and when I pasted it on AirBnB the formatting was completely screwed up. I tried to edit it immediately but unable to do so. I don't have time for this.

Additionally, I sent a message to my host and when the message went, there was an auto-fomat that said " (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)" I did NOT write anything sensitive there.. all I said was "twitter message" and that was automatically replaced by " (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) ". AirBnB -- your software really sucks.

There's a lot of issues with AirBnB. I was supposed to get a refund from them within 5-15 days and I completely forgot about it. Not sure what made me remember and I checked my credit card for the refund, and it wasn't there. I had to phone AirBnB and after a very long hold was told "yes, I see your refund was posted, not sure why it hasn't yet arrived, it should arrive.. as a compensation, we can give you a $25 AirBnB credit". No thank you. I don't want a "credit" that forces me to use your site.

Anyway, yes, this editing of reviews seems to be a software bug (among the many, many bugs on their customer-facing site and also their internal software!!)

Genevieve44
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I have been asked to remove my last guest's partner's name from my review because her parents do not know about him... I'm outside of the 48 hour time frame... help!