my place vas vandelized and Airbnb did noting about it and refused to keep the security deposit

my place vas vandelized and Airbnb did noting about it and refused to keep the security deposit

I had holes in the wall, vomit in the sink, initials scratched in the furniture. Called Airbnb and explained that I had a guest coming in in three hours. I asked for their advice. They told me to do the best I can and I did. I cleaned the place luckily I had in the storage the joint compound to fix the holes in the wall, since the place was newly remodeled and updated. I am heartbroken that I am opening my place to people thinking that somehow there is a security deposit to cover this things, and here I am with my place vandalized and the guest is getting their security deposit. I sent pictures to prove all this and their response is that I should have not let anyone stay in the home until they made a decision. So I should have inconvenienced the next guest and cancel their vacation. Was not enough that this hooligans hurt me they would have hurt this other family and ruin their vacation by me having to cancel their vacation over the New Year Holiday. I respect my guest and I let them stay. This is ridiculous. What would you do, any suggestions?

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Rodica0 very sorry to hear this. It sounds terrible.

Please see this recent thread where you will find some hopefully helpful advice. It is a bit long, but another host in a similar situation managed to find a solution, so it's worth taking a look at what she did!

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/listing-and-reservations/page/1/...

Melinda46
Level 2
Fredericksburg, VA

Did ABNB ever do anything about this? I just listed our place for the 1st time and new at all of this?