should hosts provide booking confirmations for guest visa applications?

should hosts provide booking confirmations for guest visa applications?

hi

we're brand new to the hosting scene and would be most grateful from some advice from other hosts - one of our guests is asking us to provide our booking confirmation to them for visa purposes, not quite sure of the detail of the "purposes" however presumably a visa application at some stage or another....  is this a normal request from a guest to their host?  i would have thought all necessary information would be available to the guest through their own airbnb account.

additionally, if this request is normal how does the host send the booking confirmation - is there a way to do this via airbnb or do you require to email 'direct'?

thanks in advance...

nervous newbies

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

As a host, you have nothing to do with their visa process. They will already receive a confirmation once they complete their booking. 

Cynthia & Chris

thanks very much for your reply....  are you aware of any scam that this could be leading us in to???  if we are not at risk i don't mind helping out...  i have already responded to them advising that all the necessary information should be available to them and if they are havin issues to contact airbnb

kindest regards

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lewis-and-Andy0

I don't know the proces in England but few of our guest from China and India needed visa. They made aplication for visa just with our first names and our Aibnb apartment address. After that an officer from our immigration police department called us (he got our phone no from tourist office) to check if is true that they will be our guests for those 2 days, we confirmed (by phone) and that was it.

Branka & Silvia

thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

my worry is that this could open us up to some sort of scam... or, potentially, worse, make us 'responsible' for the actions of our guests....  are you aware of anything we should be wary of???

kindest regards

Adel7
Level 1
Saint Helier, Jersey

Hi,

We are guests travelling to France and the French embassy requires hotel bookings, wanted to know if immigration accepts Airbnb bookings instead of hotel bookings.