SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN

Bhanhan0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN

My pontential host send me the link of something but instead it appears "SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN" and I cannot see what he sent me.

35 Replies 35
Anna109
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

I had the same problem... And I don´t know what does it mean this... 

Once I had to send a guest the airbnb customer support number and that got the SENSITIVE CONTENT message - their own phone number!  I got around this by writing OH TOO ATE FIVE TO OH QUADRUPLE 3.  In cases where guests ask you to provide something before they are booking that does not break the TOS, you can get around it this way.  

Laurie22
Level 2
Oakland, CA

OMG - I just noticed it on MY OWN listing...  I have no idea how long it's been there.

It seems that because I was describing the manner in which the happy birds in my backyard "sing" and I used a word that starts with a "T" and rhymes with "witter" they inserted SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN

Do you think something like a HUGE ----- SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN --- might have affected the way that people, did or didn't decide to book my room?

Here is the original posting, followed by the way airbnb did an edit...

The room is large and airy with a view of a large open space. My backyard is a mix of lawn, fruit trees, vegetables, native plants and "weeds." Taken together, this mix provides excellent wildlife habitat. You can hear the bird's (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN). It's amazingly quiet for the middle of an urban area.

The room is large and airy with a view of a large open space.  My backyard is a mix of lawn, fruit trees, vegetables, native plants and "weeds."  Taken together, this mix provides excellent wildlife habitat.  You can hear the bird's twitter.  It's amazingly quiet for the middle of an urban area.

@Laurie22   LOL.....I guess you can replace it with CHIRP CHIRP...hahahaha.   Thats too funny since I do Tweet every day and I have a ton of different Hawaiian birds that wake all of us up every morning....one of my fav guests even bought me a Hawaiian bird book to keep in the room so the others would know exactly who was "tweet tweet" at 6 am.  LOL  I like your description though.  Aloha, Momi, Superhost in Hawaii  #LiveThere #LiveAloha

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

How do you get past that Sensitive Hidden stuff ?????

hola Nicola es hector conteste ,su mensage queria preguntarmes algo mas

Cris10
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

como conversr por aqui

Alison3
Level 3
Luray, VA

If your host has a website, phone number, or email in their message, AirBnB will cover it. Some places are actually businesses ( hostel or inn like mine) and AirBnb doesn't want folks going outside the realm.

ES LO QUE ME IMAGINÉ.... MI HUÉSPED QUIERE MI CEL , DICE CÓMO VÁ A  PAGAR, SI  TENGO MUCHAS PREGUNTAS. SIN RESPUESTAS. 

They need to grow up and compete!  Don't they know we all have internet now?

Judith37
Level 2
Florida, United States

Christine, how do I get to your message?

Persy0
Level 1
San José, Costa Rica

Hola..!

Por favor, si podría contactarme por acá. C. Maya

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Bhanhan0 @Persy0 @Judith37 @Judith37 @Alison3  @San2 @

IF your "potential" guests attemps to send a message including their phone number, a social media platform name like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or their email, BEFORE THE BOOKING IS CONFIRMED, Airbnb will automatically hide that information to keep people from trying to contact each other outside the realm of the Airbnb message board.  This is how it should be anyway.  All communication should always be kept on the Airbnb message board even after they check in.  It protects both parties. On all matters. 

I had a host who contacted me yesterday and she really wanted to have a private conversation, so I sent her to this community wall, where she could find me to click on my profile and send me a private message without having to send me AN INQUIRY to my listing.  That's another way that host can communicate as well...its called the HOST CIRCLE.  And its a private place for hosts to post without guests seeing what we have written.  Great place!  Try it sometime. 

Sometimes I have to write my future guests back on the message board who are trying to book and tell them they can't send any information like email, phone numbers of any kind as it will just continue to get blocked.   Its important that everyone take the time to read the Terms and Conditions of Airbnb and what is allowable between two parties.  More people need to do that.  Including the travelers.   What is also not allowed and I am seeing more of this, are people using other peoples account to book my place.  That is considered a THIRD PARTY booking and it not allowed either under the Terms of Airbnb.  Make sure the person who is booking your place is the ACTUAL PERSON coming to your home.  Now I ask every single guests..."Are you arriving too?"  Hope this helps.

Aloha, Momi, Superhost in Hawaii,  #LiveThere #LiveAloha

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

I believe you as a host are not covered under the host guarentee or host insurance if a person gets hurt and is not listed on the reservation.