Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425

What a lovely message!! Thank you so much. I had a booking at the weekend and the dates I’ve blocked as I’m away camping. Super excited xx

Caroline Abbott
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So amazing @Caroline1856 ! I hope the weather holds for you camping (though that's half the fun isn't it?) 

Do let us know how your booking goes, I'm very excited to hear about it!

Thanks

-----

Hello. I am Tracy.

I started my Airbnb right at the start of the pandemic.  Because I have a guest suite with a keyless entry, my guests are assured of isolation and social distancing.  I only interact with them personally if they have a problem or I happen to be outside gardening when they are coming and going.  Surprising, I have had a lot of bookings, especially this past summer, and I really enjoy having guests here.  I have maintained superhost status since day one and with  five star reviews.

I do have a question - is there any way to increase my cleaning fees for longer stays?

hi 🙂

Im Emily, and have a sweet little space up in Sierra mountains. I opened a few years ago but closed after the summer, then a few years later covid arrived so Im trying to learn the site again now that Ive reopened.

Im writing to ask if the security deposit is charged to guest at time of booking? ..or only if they damage something. I see I have 14 days to file a claim, and also read guests can be charged for damages under or up to amount of deposit. But I dont want to scare them off from booking my space if they have to pay the security deposit up front. 

thank you for anything you can share about this, and Im glad the community is here to reach out to. 

have a great day 🙂

best,

Emily

oops, I think Im in the wrong place for these questions. I tried a few different options and chat rooms, and someone has answered my questions in another stream. I hope you all have a great summer! 🙂

best,

Emily

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Emily1409 ,

Glad to see you've gotten a hang of using the community center so quickly! Hope to see you around. On damages, make sure you document everything and follow this guide as best you can to make sure you get a good resolution: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Hi Stephanie 🙂

thank you, hopefully I will never have to use that but its nice to learn how things work. I appreciate what you said, but  Im not sure how well I have the hang of things yet tbh, lol I stumble around until I run into a few streams. 🙂 I appreciate everyone has been so helpful when Ive landed in a place where Im not sure about where I am.

I was trying to find out if guests were charged the security deposit up front just to stay a few nights, like a person is charged when renting. But I know now they are not, so Ive set my deposit-price and its another task completed. 🙂 

Im really enjoying hosting again and meeting new people, so far all my guests have been very nice and respectful of the space too.  Thank you for the reply, its very appreciated

have a great day Stephanie 🙂

best,

Emily

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Emily1409 ,

I'm excited for you, sounds like you're having a blast hosting once more. And I hope you do use the Community Center more.. to share your amazing hosting experiences 😍

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Sziastok!

My name is Cristina. I've been hosting for 4 years - I LOVE being an Airbnb host. My property is located in Budapest, Hungary. It's the "Paris of the East!  Known for ruin pubs and open air beer gardens! Our tiny wine region also makes excellent (award winning) white wine!  

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Cristina-And-Daniel0 ,

I've always wanted to visit! I have a couple of Hungarian colleagues who have both just attested to your wine comment 😉 I love how you have decorated your listing, so colourful but chic! Would you be up for sharing more about your beautiful city with the rest of the Airbnb Community? Here's an example of what I'm talking about: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Let-s-Take-a-Walk-Around-the-Block-Chicago-Loop/m-p/1382...

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Hi Everyone,

My name is Zipho from South Africa, Johannesburg I am also new to this business, and have renovated a cottage for AirBnB letting. I have not yet mastered the art of getting more bookings, it has been really quiet, perhaps it could be due to the fact we are in the middle of winter, hopefully things will become better soon. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Zipho1 ,

Wonderful to meet you! I have a few friends from Johannesburg, it fast became one of my favourite accents. This is a great space for you to get some tips on how your listing is coming across, refine your description and pictures, and other things you may not have thought of. 

Aww, even though its downtime, think of it as a chance to get shipshape ready for those bookings.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Hello my name is Danielle and my fiance and I have a cottage called Stella's Evergreen 🍀 in Salem Wisconsin!  We bought the cottage and redid everything ourselves.  It was built in 1939 and was filled w antiques from 3 generations!  It took us 20months to remodel and 10 of those months I was pregnant with our one and only Luella 🙂 it truly was a labor of love!  It's a block from a private beach across from a park and has a 1939 working bathtub on the back porch!  We are finally going to stay there ourselves for the 4th of July celebrating our daughters 1st birthday 🎉🥂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Danielle1141 ,

Lovely to hear from you. Sounds like you have a little slice of paradise in Salem, there! How have your bookings been? After such a large amount of work I hope your guests are enjoying everything you've built.

Thanks

-----

Gorgeous property @Danielle1141 

Do you know who did the architecture and built your home?
Maybe include a little more of the history in your listing.

One of my Guest's comes from Wisconsin, we had the most fun time during her stay in Auckland.

Fabulous positive reviews you have.

All the Best

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland, NZ