Airbnb Host Support

Ravi14
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Airbnb Host Support

Hi,

My house was ruined by a group of Airbnb guests. It's been 5 months and Airbnb doesn't want to communicate to me anything about it. The last email they sent was one month after the incident, which was 2nd or 3rd email regarding this case.

I submitted all my paperwork and proofs, but nothing happens thereon.

My claim amounted to $5500 in damages, and the guests were ready to pay $1000. All I got until now is $0. Airbnb had their damages deposit of $500.

What should I do now? Their last response was on August 31 and they were about to contact me again on this.

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Host Guarantee has an Arbitration Clause, might be an option.

David
Margaretha4
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I Have only just joined airbnb and am shocked about the group that caused so much damage Iin Auckland. Surely, airbnb, you claim that you are a reliable international company.  As such, you have responsibilities to us, your hosts. Not immediately attending and sorting the damages claim will do a lot of damage to your name. You know the saying,  "Ten people tell ten others, who each tell ten people, etc"....  please sort this.

Moiz2
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Any progress Ravi?

Airbnb doesn't seem to care too much about the hosts as the money is primarilyl flowing in from the guests.  Hosts seem to be treated as second-class citizens!