Becoming an Airbnb host in Chicago

Becoming an Airbnb host in Chicago

I am trying to register to be host in Chicago. I submitted an application to the City of Chicago and got this email reply today:

Dear Applicant:

The Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection has received your application for a commissioner's adjustment that has been recently submitted. At this time your application will not be processed. Per MCC 4-14-100, a commissioner's adjustment is available to those applications who live in a single family home or a building containing 2-4 units that is not a primary residence who have received a denial of their home share registration . At this time our records reflect that there has been no attempted registration nor any denial. If you wish to list your property on any home share platform please attempt to register through their online portal. This will begin the application process and, if you are denied, your application can then be reviewed. If this information is incorrect please forward me any denial letters or correspondence from the City of Chicago so that any possible error may be corrected. Thank you.

What does this mean.  I don’t see anywhere on Airbnb to register.  Please help.  This is very confusing 

2 Replies 2
Dan356
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Hi Briana and Evinne, have you tried calling Airbnb regarding your registration?

Etty3
Level 2
Chicago, IL

The City is all screwed up with registrations. Airbnb doesnt help much either if soemthing is wrong with the application that THEY [re[are and send.

On another note:

We have been Airbnb Superhosts in the Bucktown area for years. We manage the Airbnb ourselves. Whenever we have to leave town, we either have to block out the dates or ask family or friends to cover for us, which neither is ever very excited to do.

That is why we started Away-BnB; www.away-bnb.com. For only $10 a day, we and our team of professionals will cover for you while you are away. Think of it as an insurance policy in case your guests need assistance of any kind; toilet paper ran out, a water pipe burst, the furnace stopped working. We will be their contact while you are out of town. So you can go on vacation stress free and not lose out on income by having to block off those dates anymore.

Why pay a management company 25% of your income?

So if you manage your own Airbnb, please visit our web site, www.away-bnb.com, or email us at info@away-bnb.com with any questions or comments you may have.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and all the best.