Cleaning standards

Mili9
Level 2
New Delhi, India

Cleaning standards

Guys - I am new host. Still figuring out my ways here. I wish to understand what type of cleaning services are expected of a host if a guest checks in for let's say week ( this after the standard cleaning done ) 

Do I provide daily Cleaning ( sweep/ mop via maid ) ?

Linen change ?

How do you all manage it , esp if you stay in Delhi. Esp if you don't stay in the space as your guest's. Distance between my house and my Airbnb flat is about km. 

Regards

2 Replies 2

Hi Mili,

Welcome to Airbnb hosting.

I understand your concern about keeping your place clean for the hosts.

I would recommend that you get the cleaning done everyday. Keep the guests informed through you House Manual or upon their arrival, the timings of maid arrival.

You should also point out to your maid the areas that need to be cleaned every day and areas that can be done once a week, etc.

Some guests prefer not to be disturbed for cleaning. You can inform your maid accordingly.

About Lenin change for long staying guests, you could ask them their preference and change accordingly. I have left extra lenins, pillow covers and blankets in the guest room cupboard, so the guests are at liberty to change as per their need. 

Kshitij0
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Very well suggested by Vinay. Here is how I handle in addition to the above

1. You can actually set everything correct at the time of check-in. Make sure you are present. If its very early morning arrival or late night arrival and if for any reason you are unable to be present, inform the guest that you would meet them at so and so time depending on their convenience and availability
2.  The first question you should ask them is- how is your schedule most days (that way you know when is the best time to meet) and would you want daily housekeeping ? if yes then work out time with them and your maid
3. Most guest do not want it , therefore its best to keep an extra set of linen in the room so that they can use it as and when they want.
4. You can also ask your guest to leave the garbage bin outside the door, keep extra bin liner