Diverse Breakfast

Shikha0
Level 5
Gurgaon, India

Diverse Breakfast

Hi Hosts,

In India, after every 300km stretch of a drive we can see a change in cuisines and spices that's served to us. That's the magic this country holds. And breakfast being the most important meal of the day is the most memorable one as well in the Airbnb experience package.

Share with us your recipes that your guests rave about and inspire the world with your magic.

Add pictures to your posts to make it the readers drool. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 5.40.19 PM.png

8 Replies 8
Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Unfortunately I don't know how to add a picture when replying.

I look forward to being enlightened.

Hi Zandra,

You can add photos by clicking on the camera icon .

Hi Zandra,

You can add pictures here.

Make sure you're signed it. Hit reply and click on the camera icon in the message as shown below:

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.02.11 PM.png

Ajay4
Level 1
Pune, India

Hi fellow hosts,

I would like to know what different kind of breakfasts you all have been serving.  I dont have pics to share at this time but I for one have tried the following

Different Kinds of stuffered parathas

Poha

Upma

Idli Wada chattni combination

At times tried Grilled Sandwitch too

One thing that I learned with experience, is the choice some guests have of breat toast with tea/coffee. We at home avoid breads so I had never thought of it. Also I thought it was just too simple thing too serve. But once a guest asked for it and I was glad to provide as it so less time consuming. However, I have still not added it to my standard list of breakfasts. 

Any more suggestions on vegeterian breakfast items, that not so time consuming would be good to know. We are vegeterian so I am only looking for Veg breakfast ideas.

Warm Regards

Ajay

That's wonderful of you to share Ajay! I'm sure our hosts here will give you suggestions on Veg Breakfast options you can serve.

@Ranjana0 what do you serve for breakfast? 🙂

Ranjana0
Level 3
Mumbai, India

Hi Everyone

I am a host in Mumbai. I love hosting and making breakfast is my favourite. I mostly make our typical marathi breakkfast which has been our tradition since generations.

For my International guests and who are from India but from different state the dishes i make are:

1. Poha

2. Sanja :: Made from semolina, onions, chilli powder, turmeric powder, corriander, mustard seeds, curry leaves and salt to taste. Procedure- Roast the semolina with a very little oil till white to light brown and keep it aside. Heat oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and roast till light brown. Then add finely chopped corriander leaves, turmeric, chilli powder, stir a little and add water (double the quantity of the semolina taken). Immediately add the roasted semolina, salt to taste and stir to mix evenly. squeeze half a lemon and cover it. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes with stirring in between. Serve hot with a hot cup of tea. 

3. Sabudana Khichdi :: Ingredients-- sago( sabudana), peanut roasted and grinded, green chillies, little sugar, half lemon, salt to taste. Procedure : soak the sago previous night. It is the most important step. Soak the sago in water which is 1 cm above the sago. keep it for an hour and drain all the water after 1 hour of soaking. Keep it covered overnight. Next morning, roast he peanuts till light brown and then grind them and mix them evenly with the soaked sago, salt and squeeze half a lemon on this mixture. Then heat oil, add cumin seeds and add the mixture of the sago and sprinkle half tea spoon of sugar. Now the second most important thing to remember, stir continuously till the sago starts to become a little transparent. Do not cover this till it is done. because if you stop stirring or cover the pan, the sago becomes sticky and then it ruins the dish completely. Sprinkle finely chopped corriander and raw coconut on it. Serve hot with a hot cup of tea.

4. French toast( Indian style) :: I add salt, chilli powder, turmeric a little garam masala in the egg batter, mix them nicely and then dip the bread slices in this batter and shallow fry it. It tastes yummy when served hot with hot n spicy tomato sauce or tomato ketch up.

5. Pav Bhaji.

6. Idli, Dosa, Onion Uttapam (with corriander, green chillies) with green chutney.

7. Aloo (potato) Parathas, simple salt  n red chilli powder parathas.

8. Chinese hakka Noodles.

9. Bread Upma.

10. Scrambled eggs, omelettes n bread.

So these are the dishes i make for my guests. Have got a few good reviews for them. Hence sharing here. Thank you shikha for  sharing the link.

I hope this will help Ajay and add his own version to remake the dishes and make the guests happy....

Warm regards;

Ranjana Patgil  🙂

This surely is interesting! So appetizing! I want to try everything 😄

@Pushpendra1@Vivek0 @Veena3 do you have some dishes from the north, west & the south to share with the community? 🙂

Hi there...

Wondering if this conversation group could help me figure out where to post the following...?

Hi there!

My family has a property/farm in Gujurat (India) that borders the Gir National Park which is the ONLY place where Asiatic Lions still exist in their natural habitat. We get lions on our farm! They visit and sleep under the mango trees.

We would LOVE to our our property/farm into an AirBnB destination. But we lack the RIGHT FIT resources. 

RIGHT (OR IDEAL!) FIT?

- Speaks English and Gujurati. So you can coordinate between visitors and the staff that will be needed to support the property. If not Gujurati, then Hindi is OK. 

- Loves the outdoors

- Loves simplicity 

- An environmentalist

- Is OK with being away from the hustle and bustle

- Views challenges as opportuities (and exciting)

- "Gets things done" (does more vs. talks more)

- Master people person

We're looking for someone who might be interested in working with us to make this into an amazing AirBnB destination...

Anyone?

Libby (@libswan)