Do guests expect TV in house?

Joan23
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Do guests expect TV in house?

New to Aerbnb. Just wondering if a TV is a necessity nowadays. I have good wifi in my aerbnb property and the house is in central Dublin.. do you think not having a tv would put guests off booking?

5 Replies 5
Angel10
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

In my experience some guests who are over 50years of age ask for a TV. The present generation get the TV off the net if they need it. The younger ones ask for a TV if they want to attach their labtops with a HDMI cable to watch movies on the big screen. 

Angel10
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hey Hi

In my experience certain guests who are 50 years or over do expect a TV. The younger ones need a TV when they need to watch a movie on a bigger screen using a HDM1 cable or if there is an international game going on. But i dont think it would affect a booking. If I were to go on a holiday I want to see places and discover new sights. If guests book themselves into a hotel they would get the impersonal treatment after they check in. If u r a lone traveller hotels give u this lonely boring feel. So a TV in every room is a must! Under Airbnb we talk to our guests and make them feel comfortable. Many are travellers. So they r busy sight seeing. Some of my guests are workers. They are too tired after work they just want to sleep!! In my opinion dont invest too much on a TV or TV's like hotels do. Just one in a general area of the house like the lounge or the dining area would be enough. Hope this helps.

Patricia592
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

hi ive been hosting from august 2016,i dont have a tv in my house,i let out 2 of my rooms,guests are pleased and more content without it,i get very good reviews,i do have wi fi though,thats a must

patricia from belfast

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Joan23,

Unfortunately, guests expect what ever is in their head.  However, they should only expect what you have put in the listing. If you do not post TV, they should not expect it. 

I do not have a TV in the guest room (I have an old fashioned Airbnb with rooms available in the house where I live).  I do "offer" TV as an amenity, as people are welcome to use the one we have downstairs, and I make that clear.  It hasn't happened, even once.  

Anne1036
Level 5
Ballinakill, Ireland

We have  been hosting for almost 3 years, a private room within our home. There is a TV in our living room as described in our listing. Just two people have ever used it. One young couple to watch a European Cup soccer final and an older couple in their sixties who stayed for a week and wanted to keep up with the news back home. We have reasonably good wifi and that appears to meet the needs of the majority of guests.