Fort Lauderdale requirements? Code Compliance?

Anthony48
Level 7
Miami, FL

Fort Lauderdale requirements? Code Compliance?

I think we should network/connect, I'm looking for other Fort Lauderdale small use AirBNB folks who have gone through the very confusing process of becoming a vacation rental properly.

I'd like to chat with someone who has been through the process, and since I've received the infamous "letter", the matter is more urgent. We are just renting one room in a single family house, but it's nice, and a lot of good ratings has made us busier and busier, but we need to find other Fort Lauderdale AirBNB users to just talk, ask a few questions, see if jumping through all the hoops is worth it - and the inspection - what is that like? I hear there is a Fort Lauderdale host group, and I hear there is a group meeting where you can get help becoming a vacation rental officially approved.

29 Replies 29

Hi Cheryl,

I'm also in Davie and I'm very new to this so I would love to meet some other hosts. My email address is joanpuma87@gmail.com

@Cheryl132 wrote:

Saw your post and would like to join!

Hi Pennie,

I would be interested as well in your networking group.

Sincerely

Sylvie

I would love to meet and we can always discuss how it works for each one I am very much interested in doing hosting out of my home so I would love to network with it by email or by text and let me know

Beth-And-Larry0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Arre ther any meet ups in fort lauderdale

Sam356
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi, Can anbody tell me how much time it will take to go through each and every step of the air bnb compliance procedure.  I'd like to source it out and pay sombody but I'd like to understand what the job is worth from those htat have already done it.  I appriciate your help.

TY

Sam

954-295-9152

samvee@yahoo.com

Hi Ty,

I'm a co-host having helped a host with the process that is needed to use your property/room as a short term vacation rental.  If you have not found anyone yet to help let me know. We can discuss it and see if I'm a fit. Sincerely, Steffi 754-900-6760

Hello my name is Guilherme,I am the founder of Pimenta Services,Cleaning and Painting Services,I want to offer my services in the area of Fort Lauderdale,Miami and around my phone number (203)9538677
Servicespimenta7@gmail.com

Cheryl132
Level 2
Davie, FL

Hi,

I am planning a meetup for local Fort Lauderdale host. I am newer to hosting, just under a year of experience. I have event planning experience and would love to get a monthly meet up going in our area. I am trying to gauge how much interest there is. Please message me with topics you would like to cover and what day and time of the week works best.

I look forward to connecting with you all.

Thanks

I am very much new to the whole thing right in the process of getting things prepared I love that idea in a group of us meeting up and discussing different topics and questions and making this process an easy transition feel free to connect with me at JenniferL3829@gmail.com 

Beth-And-Larry0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Please let me know when 9549146694

Beth

Will do! Thanks

Joseph103
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I also share one room of my Ft Laud house with short term guests and I just got "the letter".

I find it completely rediculous that i can rent long term and not have to do anything...but because its short term, I have to jump through hoops like a circus poodle.   I can see it necessary if i had a vacation house and rented out the whole house.  But I'm just trying to keep the mortgage paid and avoid foreclosure! WTF!

joeyschutz@yahoo.com

Andrea2179
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Good Evening Fellow Fort Lauderdale Residents,

In regards to filling out the DBPR form how did you all fill in the sales tax number? Also did you all do a notarized document since AIRBNB is remitting the Broward tourist tax? Also was wondering how you went about the landline phone requirement?

Thanks for your feedback and assistance. 

Garrett/Andrea

Vladimira0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

hello everybody    🙂

My name is Vladimira, I am a host, starting small business last year. I was anymously reported and I need get a vacation rental licence ASAP, all papework is so confusing, please I needs some help. my husband adn I , we are renting one room with batroom, in family house, we share main  entrace and kitchen with guest.

Florida Deoartment of Business and Professional  Regulation  - there is exemption when I renting out one room, I need notarized letter   .. who shoud notarize this letter?? same  i need letter for Florida Department of Revenue.. Broward County .. please help   thank you Vladimira Meacham