Fort Lauderdale requirements? Code Compliance?

Anthony48
Level 7
Miami, FL

Fort Lauderdale requirements? Code Compliance?

I think we should network/connect, I'm looking for other Fort Lauderdale small use AirBNB folks who have gone through the very confusing process of becoming a vacation rental properly.

I'd like to chat with someone who has been through the process, and since I've received the infamous "letter", the matter is more urgent. We are just renting one room in a single family house, but it's nice, and a lot of good ratings has made us busier and busier, but we need to find other Fort Lauderdale AirBNB users to just talk, ask a few questions, see if jumping through all the hoops is worth it - and the inspection - what is that like? I hear there is a Fort Lauderdale host group, and I hear there is a group meeting where you can get help becoming a vacation rental officially approved.

29 Replies 29
Beth-And-Larry0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

yes I would also like a meetup.Trying to find that group??????here 

Im in the center of fort lauderdale

Beth

Craig141
Level 1
Pompano Beach, FL

Hi,

I'm a new empty nester, a new travel airbnb guest (oct. in Chicago), and now wish to estalish a private room vacation rental (waterfront home Pompano Beach/Ft. Lauderdale.  A former landlord, looking for meetup, feedback opportunities with this growing airbnb experience network  (example:  what's a Level 2 mean?)

Me too, looking for a meet-up for Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks!

I'm a new host also in airbnb and I'm a little confused also in how to pay taxes and right off the house expenses 

I have to same question I am right in the processI  of being a host I am located in Fort Lauderdale I would love to get some feedback on how the whole hosting is working for any individual 

Pennie4
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

hey lets network

Sounds good, I am interested in networking.

Hey Pennie and Norma,

I am trying to put together a meetup for Fort Lauderdale area hosts. If you would like to join please send me your email or phone number and I will keep you updated. I will be creating a group on meetup.com in the very near future.

Hi Cheryl,

I am definately interested in the Ft. Lauderdale meet-up. My email is nwindross@comcast.net and telephone number is 954-482-1123.

Hi Cheryl,

It's great that you want to form a meet-up for hosts.  

I own a start-up business whereby I deliver free of charge to all host owners a basket filled with free samples (not food) and coupons (local restaurants, and service) for your guests. I'm able to offer it free because of sponsors and local business's which I charge a small service fee.   The free gift looks very nice and guests love the extra touch.

I'm also a co-host so I would be very interested in joining your group. Please let me know if you are interested in the gift for your guests.  I can only add a finite number of hosts and still have room to add if you know  of anyone else who's interested.

Sincerely, Steffi 

Hi Steffi,

im an Airbnb experince host in Fort Lauderdale. I offer paddle board tours through Airbnb. I would definitely interested in the gift basket for my guests and possibly offering a coupon for my tours. You can email me at info@suppupftl.com

Hi Norma,

im an Airbnb Experience host. I’m am definitely interested in meeting with other hosts in the area. My email address is info@suppupftl.com

Natasha, I am interested too.

My contact information is 9544821123, or nwindross@comcast.net.

Thanks!

Hi Cheryl

Did you put together the meetup group for FLL? I am interested! 

Isabel

email getacause@gmail.com

Thank you for the initiative