From Happy Hippie to Happy Yogi...

Swapnil2
Level 1
Mumbai, India

From Happy Hippie to Happy Yogi...

This story goes back two years, when on a friend's suggestion, I listed my space with Airbnb under the name of the"HAPPY HIPPIE HOME", which has now metamorphosed into the "HAPPY YOGI HOME."

The story talks of my journey from a Hippie to a Yogi and I'm grateful to Airbnb for being a co-lead character in my script along with me.

The growth  of the noun "HIPPIE" to "YOGI" in my listing name has not overshadowed the (Happy Home) vibe of my space.
My inner core has definitely shifted into an easier and lighter state of 'being', by meeting and interacting with so many guests from around the globe. With each individual I met, a deep sense of belonging and connection grew at many levels, even though they belonged to different races and creeds.

I am privileged to be surrounded by Art, Music and Yoga. Tattooing is my profession, Music - my passion and Yoga is something that binds my worlds together.
It is unbelievable to see how the "Happy Yogi Home" has always attracted guests with the same likes and aspirations in life. Yoga has always topped the list with close to 80 % of my guests either practising, learning or teaching Yoga. The one common thing I noticed was that - It was through Yoga, that everyone was searching for the boundless nature of the self, through the boundaries of the physical body.
Just by being in their company, I learnt and deciphered so much.

I would now like to summarize some of my most interesting guests.
-A British guest who stayed with me for close to two months, working in Mumbai, just to feel the life and pulse of the city and later wished to travel the world with the money he had saved.

-A Dutch girl who stayed in Dubai but was more Indian than most of us Indians.

-A lady from Panama who had dedicated her entire life for the well being of others.

-An American writer who had a huge butterfly tattooed on his chest.

-A German simpleton who was infact an undercover Yogi. He had fasted for a maximum of 9 days in a forest all by himself with only water to drink.

-A Korean American girl who played the violin with such finesse , that it would mesmerize the whole surrounding.

-The other musician was a Dutch sitar player who played beautiful Indian ragas almost 5 hours a day. It was a free live streaming of heavenly bliss at home.

-A Swedish guy who made me have tree honey for the first time. 

-A Sri Lankan, so tall, that he always had to sleep diagonally on the bed.

-An Australian Yoga teacher who had close to  50 colourful tattoos, on whom I tattooed two more of my works. 

-A Brazillian girl who lived in a travel van and had travelled all the way here just to meet her spiritual Guru.

Though all these people were so different and varied, I would always sense a connection and their strong wanderlust characteristics, because of which they could make every place their home and I could make every guest my friend for life.

1 Reply 1
Shikha0
Level 5
Gurgaon, India

This is a happy read. Happy Hosting Mr. Yogi! 🙂