Hosting Experience: Journey to Adra

Pushpendra1
Level 3
Jaipur, India

Hosting Experience: Journey to Adra

image.jpgMichael had finished an assignment from London Buisness School in Mumbai and booked Two nights with our Airbnb "CAMELLIA JAIPUR"in early March this year. While chatting and sorting his itenary for two days as he arrived he asked me "do you know where Adra is ? Well I said You mean Agra !! as all tourists go there and may be he got it wrong !! Actually I got it wrong !! No I hv not heard of this place, I said !! Any way embarresed that I don't know my country I decided to search and found it on the map of Jharkhand close to Jamshedpur. Then he told me that it was his desire to go there as his Grandfather told him that his Great Grandfather died there and that his grave was in one of the church there as he used to work for Indian Railways in the British Raj.Michael had just three days in hand and was approximately 1800 KM away without any reservation and to top it there was no direct flight either. I promised myself to help make his desire come true. I sent him on jaipur city tour and told him I will try to do something and be in touch with him.  I rang a friend in Kolkata to find if there was flight to Jamshedpur which he could take and travel to Adra by road. But as luck would have it there was no flight. So I rang another friend of mine in Ranchi to inquire if he knew about Adra.this time luckily he told me that there was a local train from Kolkata to Adra straight and there was no need to come to Jamshedpur.so I managed to book a flight to Kolkata and the train tickets to Adra and back and a flight to Mumbai after that on my credit card as his couldn't work. When in the evening I told him about this he couldn't believe me. He was so happy that he kept saying Thank You!! Michael completed his journey and we spoke wen he reached Mumbai and I am sure his Great GrandFather must have Blessed him from above,may be he helped me to get his journey possible. 

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Pushpendra1,

This is a fantastic story, it is wonderful to hear all the effort you went to to enable your guest to visit Adra. I am sure he will never forget your kindness. 🙂

I wonder have you heard anything from Michael since, I would love to know if he enjoyed Adra? 

(Lastly, just to let you know I have moved your post to the Delhi city board here. As it is a new post I have given it a new title, but if you would prefer something different, please just let me know and I will be happy to change it).

Lovely to meet you, speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Pushpendra1
Level 3
Jaipur, India

Thank you Lizzie for appreciating !! I thoroughly enjoyed helping him. He spoke to me once he had visited Adra and he did find the grave with the help of the Church there as it's a small town. He is my FB friend. Nice to know you. Will be in the loop. Take care. Pushy.