How to become a host

How to become a host

Hello, 

I am looking for any upcoming sessions or webinars on how to become a host taking place in the Toronto area.  Please let me know if you can assist. 

6 Replies 6
Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

What would you like to know from a "webinar" that you just can't ask here?

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent

MikeFaceSketch03b.jpg

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

What can a webinar tell you that you can't just figure out on your own? Airbnb gives you a framework of instruction. Clean your house, provide some snacks (if you want to), respond quickly to your guests, follow Airbnb's prompts--and above all--never cancel yourself. If you have a problem, call Airbnb. Other than that, you'll find your style on your own. Hands-on or hands-off. (I'm hands-off.) You can do it.
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Sherine0

Do you want a crash course totally free of charge with a beverage of your choice?

Then make yourself one and sit down for several hours and go back in time on this community reading as many of these posts as possible! 

Doing that and having Airbnb on speed dial will prepare you like nothing else!

I kid you not.

Juley0
Level 3
Danville, CA

See if there are Meet Ups in your area. Canada: +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)

Lisa-and-Monica0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

As others have mentioned, it is easy to become a host. Read all the help section of the site, do some Google searches and join local groups. I assume you are in Toronto? If so, there is a useful Toronto Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/134405220302959/?hc_location=ufi

I was the first SuperHost in the city, and also one of the oldest hosts. I also worked for Airbnb teaching others how to be awesome hosts. Feel free to reach out at any time, after you have read up a bit 😉

Matt26
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Sherine0 I hope you're finding lots of good information in the forum and online. I understand that becoming a host is risky and can be scary. I coach/mentor a few hosts in Toronto and I'd be happy to help you too. I've been a Super Host since I started hosting and have learned a ton along the way. I've also led and official airbnb meetup for new hosts.

Feel free to send me a message via the system (don't think I can put an email on here).