I noticed sharp drop in views for November and December?

Anna5
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I noticed sharp drop in views for November and December?

Hi airbnb community!

Im wondering why did the views and bookings for my lising fell sharply for this month and next, and Im wondering are you noticng this trend too? Im located in Battersea...?

Id apprecaited your insight 🙂

Warmly,

Anna

12 Replies 12
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anna5,

Good to meet you, just to let you know I thought this you post would be more directed at other London host, so I have moved it to this board. I hope this is fine with you. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzi I'm in London how do I get in the group 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sara2,

Welcome to the Community Center. Look no further you have arrived in the London area!

To provide you with a little more information, presently there are three main topic areas within the London area. 'Discussions' and 'Local Services' are publically visable and the 'Local Responsibility Hosting' board for London is only accessible for hosts with an active listing. Each board has a post with an outline of what each board can be used for, so I would recommend taking a look if you are new to this section. 

It is interesting to hear you have lowered your prices slightly, I am sure other London hosts would be interested to hear if you have felt any response to this yet? 

Thanks so much, I look forward to speaking with you more. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Giuseppe5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

i noticed the same, it might be your position in the search page. I don't understand how Airbnb define the position, i saw listings with 2 stars in the first pages and wonderful listings in the seventh.  Also i think this is low season.

best

Giuseppe

Rachella0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

This happens every year. These are the slow months. I don't know how your place is priced but I've found that whenever I get a lull that lowering my prices a bit usually fixes the problem.

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Anna I noticed it too and dropped my price midweek sara

Wendy4
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

people travel at different times depending on their seasons...Austraila's summer is our winter (in Los Angeles) so I get a lot of Austrailians in the winter.  I would suggest to all hosts that you make the time of year (whatever it is) a selliing point.  For example, use the title "Best Holiday Decorations  Nearby"   or  "Next to Biggist Holiday Parade"  or Come See the Chirstmas Boat Parade"  Or "Perfect Holiday Get-a-way!"    You get the idea....there is always something going on in your region that you can put in your title to entice guests.  Happy Holidays!  

Tracy0
Level 10
London, GB

If it's of any help I have noticed the same thing. In addition, last year I was fully booked for Nov - Jan by May and June and this year there are gaps and more last minute bookings of one nights here and there...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB
Den0
Level 3
United Kingdom

This has now become a real serious issue. I believe Airbnb has a problem with the location algorithm and smart pricing is destroying the Airbnb host market reducing prices to less than regular long term rental income with less hassle. I believe Airbnb is pushing prices down on purpoSe to compete with hotels but will end up only with occcasional hosts as a result. Airbnb has far too many hosts and too few guests. 

In economics, you understand that when a product or service first arrives, many more (similar) products/services appear after it--after all,  here is a "new good thing" that everyone wants --and so many want to cash in on the profit by offering this new thing too.  In a while, the market becomes saturated--then there is too much competition, and the price goes down.   Those who cannot compete anymore drop out, and the market stablizes--and with less competition, prices go back to the normal  level.  Look at the cupcake and frozen yogurt shop businesses...at first there were was just a few in Los Angeles, then  there were dozens (or 100's!), now there are relativiely few again.  It will happend with the pressed juice craze--they are popping up all over, but after a while some will go out of business, because of too much competition.  If you can hold on, you will be the one that survives.  

Viv-And-Paul1
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi there,

I am a host with a property in Edinburgh and have also noticed sharp drops in views and bookings. I've queried it with Airbnb and they have said all is fine! I'm wondering if the UK is experiencing lower holiday bookings all round as I have never seen this before in 5 years! Any views welcome.

HI Viv and Paul,

I am a SuperHost in Adelaide South Australia. I have 4 listings and have experienced a SHARP drop in views and consequently a SHARP drop in bookings. I have gone from 1800+ views over 30 day period to 1000-1100 views within the last two weeks. I have single night min stay, I reduce price if I think its not busy, I reply straight away to enquiries and guests 99% of time, I have cancelled one booking in three years ( which was within 1 hour of the guest booking a one night stay), I receive excellent feedback from Airbnb Support whenever I have contacted them, I have 4.9 star rating over 362 reviews. I experienced a drop in views like this about a year ago ( it was a glitch ) its very frustrating and annoying and when I contacted Airbnb, they weren't very helpful. Whatever it is I hope that my views go up again soon : (