Insurance

Richard250
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Insurance

Hi, desperately seeking a NZ Insurer for a dedicated 2 bedroom stand alone Air B and B in Auckland.  Seems NZ domestic Insurers do not insure full time ' short term' rentals such as Air B and B.  Any ideas please.  Thanks

3 Replies 3
Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Tower ask specifically about AirBnB and will give you a reasonalble annual premium. 

State say that 2 or 3 weeks at a time is OK.

Laurie159
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I built my place as a visitor accommodation unit at the councils insistance as they would not permit anything else.  I am insured through BNZ and they seemed happy just to add it to my regular insurance.  I never thought anything else about it but your question has made me wonder if they understand what I am doing.  I live on the premises as well, maybe that makes a difference!

Simon237
Level 4
Brisbane City, Australia

Vero companies (like AMP) offer insurance with AirBNB guests. See https://www.vero.co.nz/vero-voice/protect-yourself-when-listing-your-home-on-airbnb.html "If you have a Vero home policy for the house you live in, it will automatically be covered for any accidental damage caused by guests in your home - including Airbnb guests"