International Guests

Edward225
Level 2
San Mateo, CA

International Guests

I have an idea for a travel pack for international guests. It would include "on the ground" essentials like SIM card, clipper card, and some pocket money. 

Would any hosts be interested in being a guinea pig for this idea? I've already created some packaging. 

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Edward225 Nice to try come up with ideas to help guests, but as a regular international traveller I don;t see the value (assuming you have to pay?) of the pack. I can easily get a sim card at home before I leave, or at most airports when you arrive. I don;t need pocket money (and if this was some European cities you wouldn't need cash at all) - so you need to have a much stronger selling point if there is to be any $ value to you and also your host 

@Edward225

Agree with @Gerry-And-Rashid0 that I don't think there is much value to what you are proposing. Getting a sim card for anywhere in the world is very easy, most international guests will have a credit card, plus for immediate cash, all they need to prepare is a couple US$100 bills or a few EUR 100/200/500 bills  which can be changed into local currency cash upon arrival at the airport or at the hotel.

And just to add to the cold water, I have loaned out clipper cards a couple of times.  Guests usually forget to give them back when they leave.   Or they come back but the traveler forgot to put money back on them.

Hi there,

I would be happy to give it a try. I think it might work well for very short stays and some business travellers who want to just get going. Also consider adding cheap chromebooks to the package and guest Netflix access.  Please contact me at 415 571 1582.

Thanks, Blu

https://letblu.com/