Low demand

Aoibhinn-and-Kenny0
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Low demand

Anybody else in Dublin North noticed a significant decline in bookings recently?

We were fully booked in August and almost full in September but have very few reservations so far for November.

We just received our Superhost status at the last assessment but this seems to have had none or even negative impact on our bookings.

Wondering if it's a time of year thing?

10 Replies 10
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Aoibhinn-and-Kenny0 we are in the highlands of Scotland and our Airbnb bookings drop off a cliff as soon as we get to October. Perhaps it's the same for you in Dublin.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Do you know why your guests visitied you when you were busy, would the same things apply in November?

David

Majority of our guests stay with us on their way in or out of Ireland as we are close to the capital city airport.

I presumed the weather would have a bearing as we approached Winter as Ireland is fairly cold and wet but the drop-off has been so significant we are surprised

Holidaymakers or on Business, the reason they are coming through would help.

David
Eugene1
Level 6
Galway, Ireland

@Aoibhinn-and-Kenny0

I've been hosting in Galway city for 3 years, and things usually get pretty quiet from the beginning of November onwards. Might get a few around Christmas/New Year. But similarly, January is a ghost town and it picks up again in February. 

Wendy124
Level 1
Tain, United Kingdom

We are also in the Highlands and have recently acheived Super Host status. We were fully booked for the month of August, had a couple of bookings in September and no bookings so far this month! I suspect that it is indeed just a time of year thing! 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Aoibhinn-and-Kenny0

Shops in the capital say November is a bummer so it’s a trend. I proposed, that Airbnb developed analytics to expose the guest that are looking at our listing so we can make adjustment to our offering to make them more appealing in the lean months.

Erney0
Level 1
County Kildare, Ireland

The decline in reservations from October on is also my experience and I am in County Kildare. It is definately to do with the tourist season slowing down.  Erney (The Green Cabin)

Aloha ,

North Dublin , Fairview is here !

I have been Superhost ( until because of some last minute emergency cancellations ) been in businesss for about 2 years and I must say business is slow ,very slow .

I got my prices so low that actually I am paying the guest to stay with us 🙂 my last 2 months went to deficit, really hoping that March and April will bring some differrence.

I was also considering to delete my whole profile and re create a new one , perhaps it would help the algorythm to put me to the top of the list.

ps being super host almost a year did not make any difference in my hosting, i felt it was just pressurizing me to go beyond my duties all the time.

so yeah business is slow here too

Anne1036
Level 5
Ballinakill, Ireland

Thai is our 4th year hosting an there appears to be a very strong seasonal trend. Demand is strong from May through to October. November to January practically dead months apart from a little bit of activity around New Year. Then a slow build up from Feb to April and the season takes off again. Hope everyone is enjoying their hosting experience.