Miami Airbnb News, From Beginning to Current

Valentin65
Level 1
Miami, FL

Miami Airbnb News, From Beginning to Current

A friend had asked me to help them find a multi-fam investment property that he could do Airbnb from. I relatively knew that Miami had an issue with the platform but I didn’t know the why, the extent of it, and if there was a way around the red tape. So I investigated… I honestly would not have gone so far down the rabbit hole if he hadn’t told me the cap rate it could potentially produce. Anyway I compiled all the articles and information in a Facebook page. It starts at the bottom and works its way up chronologically. 

My opinions, are just that, opinions based on speculation. I recently spoke to a good friend that works with the city officials of Miami and he said that there is nothing to worry about, essentially giving me the go ahead.

4 Replies 4
Jon250
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

I have a unit for sale in south Miami Beach that is in the proper zone for short term rentals according to the map, etc., also the HOA bylaws have a 1978 amendment that removes board approval for occupancies less than 5 days in nature or transient.  Wonderful bay views recently refreshed one bedroom with parking.  Please let me know if you have an interest in it.  

Hi Jon, I am happy to co-host and manage the property until you get it sold. Let me know if I can help. 7863403174

Thanks,

Vimari 

Which zone? Are you sure?

Cynthia305
Level 2
Miami, FL

Are you still looking for investment property?  I have a fantastic property (over half an acre in Miami) with two (2/1) mid-century homes on the property... completely remodeled that I’m getting ready to list.