Micro-managing Host

Ginza0
Level 8
Goa, India

Micro-managing Host

Being a micro-managing host has made me magically intuitive. Feeling people through letters n voices is an incredible experience. In the past four years I hv been in four different locations (away from Goa) and hosted guests in my Goa rentals. This means that every single time, I hv entrusted my guests under the direct care of my staff in my absence. It's been challenging for everyone concerned and every single time we hv struck gold, in good n bad times!

As a host I am the one in complete charge n my staff is what I hv trained them to be. The single most focal point in hosting for me has been acceptance of people n situations and this has spilled over n run out to my staff and my guests. It has held us in good stead. Airbnb in its turn has churned out the best of the lot for us and made the journey worthwhile n realistic!!

Happy guests

2 Replies 2

Hi Ginza,

I'm in a similar situation and I need help. I've switched two sets of caretakers for my apartment mostly due to integrity issues. How do you suggest I go about having a dedicated team in place? I see you have multiple apartments, do the economics make sense? How do you suggest I go about this? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sandesh

Sanchit1
Level 1
Pune, India

Hi Ginza,

Thanks for sharing that you have been able to host in multi-places. Wanted to learn from you about few things:

1) How do you hire the right and trustworthy person to take care of your property? If you could share a little in detail on this. It would be helpful.

2) How do you make sure that they maintain quality in serving guests?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sanchit Malik

Airbnb Host, Pune