New on Airbnb looking for some help

Mateen0
Level 1
Houston, TX

New on Airbnb looking for some help

Hello everybody,

im new to Airbnb, yesterday I listed my property on Airbnb and in 24 hours I received 4 bookings,

actually my property is already listed on HAR and others from last 1.5 months without any success.

and in last 24 hours 4 booking requests.....

it is amazing.

I already declined 3 requests and thinking about 4th one which is reservation of 30 days.

My house is not furnished since I was renting it, and if I go with Airbnb I have to purchase furniture for this remaining booking in 7 days.

would this be a right decision?

7 Replies 7
Mateen0
Level 1
Houston, TX

On the top of that I could not find Airbnb support number where I can call and some basic questions.

also could not find Airbnb community in houston where I can chat.

Donna37
Level 5
Gourhel, France

I'm not sure I understand why you would list with Airbnb considering you say there is no furniture yet you list beds in each of the bedrooms and a couch in the common space. Airbnb is designed for people traveling who wish to stay short term, a night or two or perhaps a week. This is not a long term rental agency. There is no information about the home, no interior photos, or anything on your profile to give guests information about you. I think this is perhaps the wrong platform for your space. Look at other listings in your area and get an idea of the property being marketed here.

Carol78
Level 2
Austin, TX

I would be upset if you did not have a bed, with that said, why do you want to be a host? Hosting has a meaning and it involves hospitality and welcoming fellow travellers to your space. How could you do that without any stuff?

Perhaps you need a leasing agent instead of a home sharing platform, as home means a living space, not four walls and a floor. 

If you stay with Airbnb furnish your place and make it special, a welcoming space that you would want your own mother or father to enjoy. Hosting is fun and profitable but appears you may be starting incorrectly.

Estate sales are a great place to find furniture to complete your decorating needs. Google "local estate sales" in your area.

Amanda417
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hey, I’m new to hosting too and am furnishing the bedrooms. I had good deals buying off Facebook local re-sale furniture groups. The rooms look cool! I got some decor and white towels and sheets at target. It’s easy stuff! 

Amanda417
Level 2
Austin, TX

I am also hiring deep cleaning service for once a month and will do the sheets change and cleaning myself as I have experience with cleaning services. 

Amanda417
Level 2
Austin, TX

Nevermind didn’t realize it’s an old post!