New taxes, limits, and fees for Long Beach AirBNB hosts.

Travis26
Level 1
Long Beach, CA

New taxes, limits, and fees for Long Beach AirBNB hosts.

In a recent city council meeting the city of Long Beach has stated their intention to implement the transient occupancy tax on all AirBNB hosts. It has also been recommend that a limit be placed on hosting, limitiing it to 90 non-consecutive days. Latly, an annual inspection is to be implemented, at the cost of the host. Please see the article here: http://www.gazettes.com/news/so-moved-long-beach-council-takes-on-short-term-home/article_7c47c830-0...

While these are just recommendations as of now, I urge all AirBNB hosts in Long Beach to write their city councilmember and Mayor and let your opinion be heard. I would hate for this to be a one sided conversation led by the Hotel and Motel operators and those who know knowing about hosting or using the AirBNB service. 

7 Replies 7
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Travis26 All those restrictions are because the hotels and motels are jealous of people many some extra cash renting their property at a cheaper price than them. The taxes came because those greedy capitals dogs made loads of complains against Airbnb but they cannot change the fact that nowadays some hosts on Airbnb are giving better treatment to theirs guests than the classic hotels and motels. Keep calm and carry on, happy hosting!!!

Ed54
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Are there any updates to this?

Yes, the city has issued a letter indicating their intention to issue laws regulating AirBNBs withing the city. 

Evette-and-Mark0
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

hi Travis is there any update. I called the city, they gave me a code but I cannot find any verbaige on the code. 21.31.120. Neighbors now circulating a petition against us and other homeowners that do it.

Hi, for information you can email airbnblongbeachhosts@gmail.com. AirBNB in Long Beach also has these two websites where you can communicate with other's in Long Beach and see information. 

AirbnbCitizen - advancing home sharing as a solution www.airbnbcitizen.com. If you go to https://www.airbnbcitizen.com/data/ and choose Los Angeles, you can see their stats.

Long Beach Home Sharing Club - Airbnb provided space for home sharing club communications. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Long-Beach-Home-Sharing-Club/gp-p/Long-Beach

Thanks Travis I appreciate you getting back to me

can you please tell me are other LB Hosts just treating this time business as usual and still renting while they wait for a city decision ? I want to do what other hosts in LB are doing 

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

Travis and Long Beach, CA Hosts!

A year ago we started the Long Beach Home Sharing Club and meet once a month. Plus there is a Community page, Facebook page, and email distribution where we are distributing all of the information we get from Airbnb, city council meetings / forums / etc. 

Please reach out and join the club and we'll keep you updated on everything we know. 

Long Beach Home Sharing Club

Airbnb Long Beach Hosts

Thanks! 

Mikki