Reverse mobile number search for Canada

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Reverse mobile number search for Canada

Dear Canadians and fellow hosts,

I have an instant book for 2 weeks next month, the guest is fully verified and has given his phone number and e-mail in the message body.  The funny thing is that when I do a search for their names, the mobile number or the e-mail address, there are absolutely no results.  

Do you know of a reliable reverse search for mobile numbers ?

As you may have guessed, I am not 100% confident with this guest. Booking a 2 week stay for holiday purposes in my city out of season is unusual to put it mildly.  The longest booking I have ever had on airbnb for this property has been one week in high season and I have been operating since 2012.  

7 Replies 7
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Try canada411.ca, @Marit-Anne0, for sketchy Canadians 🙂 

And there is always asking something like, "What do you plan to do in Troms for your two weeks? We don't often get visitors out of season, so keep in mind that not everything listed in the travel brochures will be open." 

Hope they turn out to be considerate and clean Northern Lights fanatics or something. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Thank you @Lawrene0

They are not coming north for touring the county, they are planning for 2 weeks in Oslo and two weeks in Bergen according to themselves. Just trying to find out if they are who they say they are. No googling or phone book searches give any results. 

There are those slow travellers, I suppose 🙂 

Slow and well camouflaged... Hope all goes well, @Marit-Anne0

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I just searched for my number and one place came up, should not be out there. Somebody I know so can get it removed.

David
Colin16
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

Hi Marit Anne.  I like Lawrene's response.  My advice: If you have any rational misgivings then refuse the request. If it's merely a 'feeling' you have because of the unusual time then a very direct and friendly conversation might be in order. If you are dealing with someone who has something to hide they will probably not like being interviewed and will withdraw the reservation. If you don't like the answers then politely withdraw your acceptance. If they have reliable recommendations from other hosts you might try seeing if any of those hosts are present in any forum postings or conversations and satisfy yourself. It tends to be difficult to get a reliable response from Airbnb directly and those (in my experience) aren't always 100% reliable. It is your well-being and comfort you need to address before all other things. If the prospective guest understands that you intend to provide a safe, healthy experience for them they shouldn't resent your careful and solicitous attention. IMO

Colin16
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

oops. that event has come and gone.  I'm curious.  What happened?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Colin16

Elderly French-Canadians with poor English skills, did not realise until they phoned me on arrival day because they did not quite understand my arrival instructions.  

Left a nice review in French, short and sweet 🙂

"Localisation super. Des équipements complets. Sécurité et tranquilité."