Rules for hosting in Toronto

Raul94
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Rules for hosting in Toronto

Hi there, 

I'm an airbnb host in Amsterdam and would like to help my auntie that lives in Toronto to host through airbnb. 

She would like to know what the rules are for starting an Airbnb and renting out (a room within a house).

much appreciated !

Raul

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Raul94  It is good that you are helping your family in Toronto, Canada.  She might get more help from the Home Sharing Club of Toronto.  This is a group of Air BNB hosts that educate and support each other.  Here is a link to that web page.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Toronto-Home-Sharing-Club/gp-p/en_toronto

Raul94
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

hi linda thanks for your reply ! i will see the link )

Peter654
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hey! I'm a reporter with the Canadian Press and I'm writing a story about new rules in Toronto that would make it illegal to rent out a place on Airbnb unless it is also your primary residence. 

I'm hoping to talk to someone who hosts Airbnbs that are NOT their primary residence, to hear what they have to say about these potential new rules. 

Anyone who is interested can reach me at peter.goffin@thecanadianpress.com or at 416-507-2200. 

Best, 

Peter Goffin

Mark421
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hello, I am currently hosting 11 units in the downtown entertainment core. We have an answer for many of our clients who are concerned about the 180 days max per year on short term rental platforms.