SF Registration Renewal Taking Forever

Jessica288
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

SF Registration Renewal Taking Forever

Hi to all you wonderful hosts! Has any of you had delays in getting your registration renewed in San Francisco? I sent in my form and check to OSTR in mid-July 2018 for a registration that expires in August (they told me not to mail it in more than one month in advance). I went to their walk-in hours to inquire about it since they never answer their phone or emails anymore. They said not to worry, they are backlogged and to keep hosting.

In September, they sent me an email saying my registration had expired. I responded saying "I know, I sent it in and met with you. You said to keep hosting". I've been following up every month with no response. It's now almost 4 months later and still no renewal. Is anyone else in the same situation? 

2 Replies 2

I also have trouble with their office. I just bought a single home larger than I need to do a shorterm rental. They said I not only have to remove the wet bar downstairs but also to go through the planning department to investigate on any longterm resodency downstairs in the history of the building!! Can you believe it that i am responsible for something that may have happened 40-50 years ago for example and this tenant history search is newly adopted in 2018. If they keep changing the law, how can prople keep up with this crazy new regulations??

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

i applied with the city one and half years ago, and they only got around to contacting me this month!!!! Guess what their answer was:  DENIED.  It was very disappointing and annoying.