Should i still airbnb my place during rain season?

Should i still airbnb my place during rain season?

Hi there,

I am new to airbnb and just put my place on list for only 1 day, but I got 2 reservations and 5 inquiries for the place yesterday!

My parents gave me that apt as a graduate gift so i dont want to waste it. Just wonderring will house in Coal Harbour area be that easy to rent during the rain season? Or should i find some long-time local tenants from Sep to Feb? 

Thanks!

Best, Alice

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your apartment has a fabulous view and is quite nice, @Alice229.   Good question and there are several considerations.  First, is your listing in an area where there would be many business travelers?  Unlike vacation guests, business guests are not as dependent on weather being good.  Second, are you willing to be a landlord (not a host) as the long term guest is a different type of experience.

Take advantage of the Help Center and look up articles about business travel as qualifying could be a great source of reservations for you.  Also, look up long term reservation articles which describe the cancellation and payout processes that are different from short term hosting.

Finally, on this site under Discuss check into the Home Sharing Club section.  There is a Vancouver club and it's members should be able to educate you about the seasonality of your listing area.

Good luck and congratulations on your graduation!

Wow! Thank you so much for the knowledge, Linda. I have no idea that business travelers would use airbnb, will definitely look up articles about business travel and try to market my place to business travelers,lol.

Thank you so much for letting me know about business travellers and Vancouver Club! Nice day:)))

Best, Alice:))

@Alice229:  Congrats on graduation and an apartment!  Wow - great parents!  @Linda108 had a great idea, and one step further is to make your apartment "Business Friendly."  I don't remember what Airbnb calls it, but there are a few amenities that you can add to your apartment and then it will be designated as Business Friendly, and Airbnb places a little Briefcase Icon near your listing name, so people can sort for Business Friendly places, or see icon when their looking at places.  As it turned out, in the manner that we upgraded our home, the only thing that I had to add to our home to get it designated Business Friendly was an iron and an ironing board.  Other than that, we had all of the other amenities already.  I'm sorry I can't paste the link right here, but I'm sure a search on this website will get you the info.  Good Luck!  Lois

Kyle95
Level 1
Abbotsford, Canada

Yes! We rent out our suite all year via Airbnb in Abbotsford and am constantly surprised how many guests we get through the rainy season. We love it!