Urgent: How do I register with the City of Chicago?

Ben160
Level 2
New York, NY

Urgent: How do I register with the City of Chicago?

I recently went to an Airbnb host event where we were reminded that registration with the City of Chicago is due (as of today) in 23 days. Failure to register will result in delisting. Frankly, this caught me pretty off guard, since I have not been getting notifications in my inbox regarding the deadline. It've searched all over Google and the Airbnb webpage for the registration form, but without luck. I also tried reaching out to the event coordinator for help finding the link, but he hasn't been responsive. Does anyone have any idea where I can find the link to the City of Chicago Airbnb registration form? The FAQ states that it can either be filled out using the app or the website, but I have no idea where.

58 Replies 58
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

@Ben160,

@Cynthia-and-Chris1 have given you what you need.

In the future, if you get stuck on something, go to the HELP section and in the search bar, type in keywords for what you need.

One day you may need an answer in five seconds and Cynthia & Chris may be busy hosting.  🙂

What part of Chicago?  I grew up in Lincoln Park and then moved to the West Side before it was the Wild, Wild West.

Ben160
Level 2
New York, NY

@Cynthia-and-Chris1 Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the link provided does not provide a link to the City of Chicago registration form. It only references the registration requirements, and provides a link to the Chicago Home Sharing Registration FAQ. If I go to the FAQ page, it states that I can "apply for a registration number directly from [their] website or app", but with no specification as to where. Further down the page, on question 9 - "How does the registration proces work for existing listings?", it states that I will "get an email from Airbnb prompting [me] to register." I have already twice searched high and low in my email archives, in every folder including spam, but have not been able to find any emails from Airbnb about the need to register.

@Wendy-and-Frank0 I live in Washington Park, which is just west of Hyde Park on the city's south side. I used to live on the west side as well, in East Garfield Park, just off the Green Line Kedzie stop. What about you?

Chicago Aveue and Austin Boulevard, right on the edge of Oak Park, in what is now known as the Hood.  (Austin)

Lincoln Park was Chicago Avenue and Ashland.

Love, love, love Chicago!!

As for the form, go to the Cook County website and look it for there.  I don't know the URL so you'll have to do some work to get there.

Cynthia and Chris are great but they're not in charge of providing forms for us.

Ben160
Level 2
New York, NY

I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier, but I found the instructions via Reddit:

Your Listings > Calendar and More > Then on the left hand menu, there's an item called "City Registration"

Thank you both for your feedback! I'm now registered 🙂

Yay!!!

Reddit Rocks when it comes to ABB!

Haha, hi Ben, I'm the fellow Redditor! Nice to see you here too!

Oh hey Julie! Thanks so much for your help on Reddit! You truly are a lifesaver. I was really starting to freak out for a minute there. Like, how can it be so hard to find such a simple form?? Sure enough, it was right under my nose. Thanks again!

Ben,

I am in the same boat as you but I can't find the "Calendars and More" button.  Are you using the app on your phone?  I'm online trying to access it and it's not there.  Only seeing Calendar which takes me to my calendar.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

I figured it out.

Thank you so much!

Good to hear, Michael! I was going to say - I don't think you can access it via the app, although I could be mistaken.

HOW? I Do Not see calandars and more 

thanks for posting!  even though I filled mine out ages ago it still says:

"Registration pending. You can continue hosting and accepting guests. The city will get back to you with a registration number or more information – this typically takes 1-2 weeks."

yours?

That is strange. Mine says the same, although that is to be expected, since I just filled it out a couple days ago. For your situation, at least it's acknowledging that you have filled out the registration, so you shouldn't worry about it being lost. My guess is it's just typical beauracratic delays in City Hall.