Using Twitter to get AirBnb help

Dennis-And-Gwen0
Level 3
Mornington, Australia

Using Twitter to get AirBnb help

Yesterday I needed to contact a person at AirBNB. A guest had left a review but had got my name wrong (not once but three times!). It definitely was not worth a call to Sydney so I tried using Twitter. You post a Twitter message and include @airbnbhelp in the message. I am pleased to say I was contacted by a helpful AirBNB staff member who fixed the problem (ie edited the guest review), by the end of the day. Thank you Jake! I really think AirBNB should have an online form where you can lodge an issue and rate how urgent it is and leave all your contact information, but in the absence of this option Twitter works! 

6 Replies 6
C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

Glad it worked. I've also had great results with Twitter. And you see--Airbnb CAN edit reviews for something like that, at their discretion.
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Dennis-And-Gwen0 Problem is everyone thinks their particular problem is urgent.  Airbnb tries to keep thier phone lines open for truly urgent situations, but people clog the lines with silly "how do I?" questions or "I can't find my listing in search" issues, hence the long wait times.  You're right, twitter is the best.  Unless I have an emergency situation, I never call.  

@Clare0 I knew my problem was not urgent and many hosts would think it far too trivial to even bother trying to get a review changed. My point is that not all AirBNB hosts want or have Twitter accounts, so there should be at least one other option for hosts (besides a phone number). As you can see from the questions posted, some hosts find the AirBNB app challenging and they are unlikely to use Twitter (IMHO). So the phone lines get chocked with non urgent requests. 

@C-C0 Yes, it seems you can make a case for minor edits. 

@Dennis-And-Gwen0 If you click on the link below you will see all the ways to contact Airbnb.  

What link?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

This link

Contact Airbnb