Welcome Austin Host Community

Adam39
Level 1
Austin, TX

Welcome Austin Host Community

I wanted to say hi and to encourge all the Austin Airbnb hosts to use this online group to connect and to discuss matters related to hosting. If you have questions about hosting or just want to discuss what it's like to be host, this is the place to do it. This group will be an extension of our new Austin Airbnb Host Club and a way to connect between meetups and talk about what kind of Airbnb Host meetups you'd like to see in the future.

We hope to see you tonight for our first Airbnb Host Club Meetup! Check the Airbnb Meetup page for more details.

13 Replies 13
Keturah1
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hi everyone. I am a host club leader and as everyone else, new to this community center. It may be just me but I think a quick meeting to learn the ins and outs of this new message board would be very useful. Anyone agree? Anyone who can navigate this community center easily and want to help others?

Can host a gathering at my place or Radio in south Austin.

Looking forward to meeting others.

Keturah

I'd love to meet up sometime soon.  Radio in S. Austin is close to me (and my AirBnB).  

Anytime during the next week or two you'd like to meet?

I am interested in it I am a new host to austin myself

Spencer11
Level 1
Austin, TX

I'm getting on board as a host with nye. I have a number of requests. But am having difficulty determining what the rate should be for this prime night. 

Mark353
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hi,

I'm selling an off market green condo project on the East Side.  Completetion in August of this year.  We allow STR's up to 25% of the building.  Since there are 97 units there can be up to 24 units that can STR. We're 41% sold and only 2 STR's now.  The last STR buyer said I should post here because there would be a lot of owners that would want to buy in our building so here I am.

Vist Fourth& or email me for more information.  

4/5 Star Austin Green Energy Program

www.fourthandaustin.com

Mark@Canvasproperties.com

(512)797-6275

Joseph108
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hey guys! 

I was wondering if anyone has any updates on what the regulations in Austin or if they have changed. Any input would help! Thanks!

From what I've found out, it's dumb. You can rent out 1 room, no more. Or, your ENTIRE HOUSE WHIKE YOU ARE GONE. 

NO OTHER OPTIONS. I HAVE 3 rooms available while I am still here. DUMB!!

Still the same rule? 

Adam261
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi, we just released this guide: 

Successful STR Hosting in Austin: Keep Your Neighbors Happy

We hope you all find it useful!

Thanks

Adam

Jane75
Level 2
Austin, TX

Is this the Austin Community group , the official on moderated by Airbnb ?  new to Austin, want to get involved and learn the specifics re: hosting. best, Jane 

Amanda417
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hi guys, I’m new to hosting. Not new to using the app as a traveler. I got lucky my first request booked it for 3 months! Which is great! He’s a traveling nurse. 

However I just read we are not allow to rent another room in the same home through Airbnb for Austin. Does anyone know any other app I can use like Airbnb, for long term rental for roomates? 

Travelin1
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hey everyone! I'm new to hosting in Austin and in the process of getting my license. I have some questions and really can't find anything on the internet to help or answer. Can anyone here help? 

Thanks!

Hi, I´m new in Austin and have a question to help a guest.

My guest will need a babysitter, can you guys recommend me one?

Eli