Welcome to the Austin section!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Austin section!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Austin specific section where you can connect with other hosts in your area and post local discussions, for example, topics on booking trends, general local recommendations, meetups and events.

As always, please remember to keep the Community Center Guidelines in mind also when you interact on this board.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

7 Replies 7
Bryce9
Level 2
Austin, TX

So happy I found this forum! Thanks @Lizzie for getting it started.

hello frm philippines

Norma45
Level 1
Kellyville, OK

Hi, Everyone.  Im nervus for my first booking.  Im a single mom and I have an extra room I can make extra money on.  Do anybody have Airbnb customer service number in case I need it? Also, do all ask for secury deposit?

Thanks so much in advance.

Chuck12
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, MX

I received an email from Airbnb a while back stating they would begin collecting Texas Occupancy Tax for Texas starting 5/1/17 for all bookings. I dont see this as a line item in any of my May & June 2017 transaction history? I also dont see that they are collecting Occupancy Tax on my listing. Does anyone know if this got delayed? Was trying to figure if I should file and remit for Q2 2017 with Texas?

Chuck,

You have to go to the Gross Earnings section of your Transaction History. You will find it there. Any bookings made before May 1, even if the guest stayed in May or June, will not have had taxes paid by Airbnb and you will be responsible for those. For any short term rental bookings made post-May 1, Airbnb will be withholding taxes. For information about how the State Comptroller is managing this, see https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/hotel/airbnb-faq.php#faq2

Kay

Hi, I just joined Airbnb and have already received a few bookings. I live outside city limits so, from my understanding, I do not have to pay a local tax to city of Austin. Does anyone know if there are any local taxes for Travis County. I live near COTA. Thanks in advance 🙂

Hello!

I am thinking about investing in a property to start becoming an AirBNB Hostess. However, I would like to visit with some folks about the pros and cons and other helpful business information I need to know up front. Is there anyone I could contact and set up a meeting?