Welcome to the London section!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the London section!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the London specific section where you can connect with other hosts in your area and post local discussions, for example, topics on booking trends, general local recommendations, meetups and events.

As always, please remember to keep the Community Center Guidelines in mind also when you interact on this board.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

5 Replies 5
Anna165
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi I wanted to see if other Airbnb hosts are having the same problem ie. a big drop off in bookings this year.  I've been hosting for two years and the last two summers I've had constant bookings.   This summer it's really Spartan - no advance bookings for June/July/August .. I've always been booked right up in the summer at good prices too.  This summer I've had to cut all my prices right down in order to get ANY bookings.  I met a couple of Airnbnb hosts on a recent course and found they were also experiencing the same problem.  One had an apartment and was ready to give up hosting due to lack of bookings... what's going on?  My theories -

* big drop in Americans due to terrorism fears all over Europe.

* lots of jumpers on the bandwagon ie many people buying  buy-to-let properties and renting out multiple rooms to Airbnb guests in order to get premium prices.  Result - a glut of absenteee hosts, renting cheap cheap and giving v little service.

What do you think?  What's your current experience

Anna

30 May 2016

Penny0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Anna

I am experiencing exactly the same. I have precisely two bookings and for the last four years have been pretty much booked out for June, July, August and September. I am about to put my prices down a little, but to be honest, there is a level beyond which it's not worth the hassle of renting out a room in my house, which is, I understood when I signed up all those years ago, what Airbnb is supposed to be all about. I love having guests, and I've worked hard to make sure people have a good experience when they stay with us and have enjoyed their visit, but it is hard work!

Any suggestions welcome.

Penny

Pinar2
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone 

I am looking for a co-host to help me with my zone 1 listing and cleaning change overs. My room only listing is normally fully booked every month. Some one that could  start ASAP.  I would really appreciate recommendations.

Thank you 

Pinar 

Sebastian460
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

@Pinar2 wrote:

Hi Everyone 

I am looking for a co-host to help me with my zone 1 listing and cleaning change overs. My room only listing is normally fully booked every month. Some one that could  start ASAP.  I would really appreciate recommendations.

Thank you 

Pinar 

Hello Pinar 

my my name is Sebastian. 

I am a landlord that lets out two rooms in my own house in stockwell. I also deal with a close friend apartment around the corner. I am really sad ‘but I do enjoy just gettting  stuck in and  giving things a clean and turning a room around to be  clean and ready again for the next check in. I don’t have any other commitments and would be only to happy to help someone else out over the summer months initially. 

07812981599 illl arrangemto meet you at your property and hopefully be able to help you out. I am able to start today ( Tuesday 21/05) can supply you contacts that would be able to give you a telephone ref.  Also welcome to drop by my home and you’ll be able to see the high standard and rate that I am able to provide a good quality clean and service to you. 

Look forward to hearing from you 

Seb 

Denise585
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello, i can  co-host someone's properties in south west or central London i am based in SW7  I have experience working for property management company and can do all at reasonable rates. Latecia@centrum.cz