Welcome to the Toronto section!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Toronto section!

Hello,

Welcome to the Toronto specific section where you can connect with other hosts in your area and post local discussions, for example, topics on booking trends, general local recommendations, meetups and events.

As always, please remember to keep the Community Center Guidelines in mind also when you interact on this board.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

5 Replies 5
Indra0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi I am Indra a Toronto based host.

Joining here to be kept informed.

Cheers,

Indra

Maeve4
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Hey Guys

I'm a new host in the Toronto area.

Want to stay in the loop so joining the discussion here. 

Cheers, 

Maeve

Andrew65
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I've been an airbnb host since 2012. From the beginning (October 2012) I've had an abundance of inquiries (almost daily) and solid bookings ...including 2015 with the yearly total of vacancies of around 10 days. A current guest who has booked for 3 months leaves November 18th and not only are upcoming bookings very scant ..inquiries are also the lowest I've ever experienced. My question is an open one...understanding the seasonality of demand, is it still possible that at this point there is a over supply of property which would not only affect my bookings but other hosts as well. I've always been mindful of pricing my unit moderately and have have done my best in the area of guest service. Could it also be possible that my property has a low search ranking? If so I'm reaching out for  insight and assistance to increase my unit's visibility / search-ability 

Many thanks

Andrew

Peter654
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hey! I'm a reporter with the Canadian Press and I'm writing a story about new rules in Toronto that would make it illegal to rent out a place on Airbnb unless it is also your primary residence. 

I'm hoping to talk to someone who hosts Airbnbs that are NOT their primary residence, to hear what they have to say about these potential new rules. 

Anyone who is interested can reach me at peter.goffin@thecanadianpress.com or at 416-507-2200. 

Best, 

Peter Goffin

"...always with Airbnb" and yet you have no reviews, @Peter654