backup management coverage when host is away

David530
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

backup management coverage when host is away

I'm wondering what other hosts do to cover emergencies when they are out of town.  I'm usually around when I have guests, but occassionally I go away on the weekend.  I am accessable via email and phone when I am out of town, but I'm looking for a backup management coverage, in case something unusual happens, ie. a fuse is blown, or a housekeeper doesn't show up and I can't find a replacement.  I would welcome either management companies referrals that you may have used successfully, or someone who would like to trade backup services with me, ideally reasonably close to Potrero Hill/Mission/DogPatch.

6 Replies 6
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I never go away without giving the spare keys to a friend. Just in case. Have never needed it, but I could always call on them if something happens, guests lock themselves out or whatever. Keeps me calm, knowing someone is nearby.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

My husband and I only rent the guest bedroom in our home - so one of us is always available.  If we leave for vacation, we just block out the calendar so no one can book.  Less stress while we are on vacation not having to worry about guests needing help in our house.

Melissa143
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

There is a new co-hosting option with Airbnb - I'm in Bernal Heights and I've signed up 🙂  

I got a notification too for co-hosting. Not entirely sure how it works.

Keith1
Level 10
SF, CA

You can hire hostwell as your co-host for these things.

www.airbnb.com/co-hosting/r?p=OTcxNTkzNzk=mryuf

We can do part-time co-hosting while you're gone or full time co-hosting.

We also offer cleaning and linen services so you no longer have to chase down and schedule cleaners.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

Keith

My fiance and I can help Co-Host properties for anyone in need of some help we are in Vallejo. We also own Grind&Shine Cleaning and Lawn Service for anyone who maybe in need. You can give us a call at 7073336939.