guide books

Roxanne6
Level 2
Chicago, IL

guide books

Hello Fellow Chicago Hosts,

I've just discovered the guide books that are now available for major cities around the world. Can anyone tell me how they were compiled? Were suggestions solicited from any of you? I certainly was not contacted and am wondering why there is not a single restaurant or attraction listed for the South Side of Chicago. I live in Hyde Park-Kenwood, one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in the city and one that is chock full of fine, ethnic eateries, as well as some of the finest museums in the city. There is nothing listed for this area or any other south of the museum campus.

Just thought I'd inquire here before reaching out to Airbnb decision makers. Thank you.

Roxanne Brown

Five-Star Host 

2 Replies 2
Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Roxanne6,

From what I can see from the London guide, they compiled the list from hosts' own guidebooks. The more mentions of a place in the hosts' guidebooks, the higher the position on the city-wide guide.

It seems to change based on the map view as well, giving more location relevant results.

I presume it's the same for Chicago.

Cheers,

Enda

Hi Edna,

Thanks for your response. I didn't know there was a place to post our own guide books. I'll look for that today when I have a free moment or two. This is helpful information.

I'm still dismayed that all of the attractions in Chicago were in so few neighborhoods. It seems a bit discriminatory. Will check further. Thanks, again.

Cheers,

Roxanne