Welcome to the Frontline stays board. Introduce yourself here.

Katrina143
Administrator
Administrator
Oakland, CA

Welcome to the Frontline stays board. Introduce yourself here.

Hi, I'm Kat on the Frontline stays team. We created this group so that you and other hosts offering stays for COVID-19 first responders have a dedicated space to meet and support each other, and connect with our team. We hope you can use this group to connect with other hosts in your area, share tips and advice for hosting first responders in these unique circumstances, and ask questions. If you haven’t already, please check out our Frontline stays FAQs

To start, let’s get to know each other! If you’d like, please introduce yourself - you can include where you’re from, how long you’ve been hosting, and why you decided to open your listing up to first responders. 

Thank you for being here, the frontline stays program would not exist without you. 

Kat

As always, please remember to keep the Community Center Guidelines in mind when you interact in this group.

128 Replies 128
Jo558
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi ! I have got a property in The Cotswold’s UK, which at present is rented out to key workers 

Jamie219
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Hello, I am Jamie in Dallas, TX.  I have a small 2 story cottage near the large medical district in Dallas and about a mile from Love Field Airport.  The rental is for the entire place -- no one lives there.  Cute place and super convenient to most of Dallas.

Sergi
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, I'm Sergi and I'll support @Katrina143 and @Tory31  in this board as Online Community Manager. Also, I'm in charge of the Spanish Community Center. It's  nice to meet you all and participate in this fantastic group dedicated to helping others in these times that we need so much help. 

Thanks you to be part of this group and the frontline stays program.

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ismail36
Level 2
Marrakesh, Morocco

Hello everyone

I'm Ismail from Morocco/Marrakesh, I've been hosting since 2015  and I love being part of this community. I opened  my house for first responders and key workers but I didn't get anyone yet. But I'm happy to do more if you have any suggestions.

Stay healthy

Ismail 

Teresa102
Level 2
Grants Pass, OR

I’m Teresa from Southern Oregon.  I’ve got two units: a cottage and an apartment, both separate from my main home where I live.  They are all vintage circa 1940 with the exception of technology, really nice mattresses, and  nice linens (that I can bleach).  I’m on the banks of the ‘Wild and Scenic’ Rogue River and guests are welcome to fish from my backyard, or swim in the river or my saline pool.

I’ve been hosting since 2015.  Currently in my larger unit, Riverside on the Rogue, I’ve got one Traveling Nurse.  Immediately before her I had an OT.  My other unit, The Cottage, I’ve got an essential worker that lives out of the region, but has a business here, and needs to be here during the week, she is booked quite a bit over the next few weeks. 

My region has not been hard hit by Coronavirus.  We have less than 20 diagnosed cases in our county and they are all quarantined at home.  Pretty sure there are infinitely more cases wandering around, but we must have a different strain here.   Opening my units to essential, or medical workers was never far from my mind.  I felt like if I was going to be taking a hit $$$wise I might as well offer a smokin ‘ deal to those folks who are taking the risks, such as they are.  I’ve extended my lowest rate and then cut it 20% to all of these folks.

Cheryl409
Level 2
New York, United States

Good Morning All,

I am Cheryl and volunteered to have my home host first responders free of cost in Kingston, Jamaica. This is one of the things I am doing in this pandemic in Jamaica. I have not been contacted but just had the house recleaned on Saturday just in case we are contacted.  

New York is my home an we are hit hard here with our numbers for infected an deaths still climbing. Please continue to be safe and together this too shall pass.

Tracy410
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Hello All:

I’m Tracy... located in New Orleans, LA! My city is considered a “Hot Spot” for this virus! I’ve received no request to stay. I’m also available to house anyone coming to NOLA for the demolition of the “Hard Rock Hotel” that collapsed! That building must come down ASAP!! 

Katrina-and-Patrick0
Level 2
Minchinhampton, United Kingdom

the 2nd one from the Cotswolds UK  joining here...
Near Stroud, Gloucestershire.
I can't see the problems caused by this virus just fading away anytime soon - and for those on the front line I don't feel we can do enough, so if isolation is required by such staff - I am very happy to be able to do something. 

Hi all, I’m a superhost in Seattle, my duplex is only a mile or two from two large hospitals and I have a traveling nurse in one unit and an EMT in the other for lengthy stays. I think this was coincidental though and not through the front line hosting program. 

I hope everyone here is doing ok in all respects. 

I have a practical question: Has anyone heard anything about the use of a steam cleaner to sanitize your spaces? I’ve been using one but I don’t know whether it’s effective against the coronavirus. If you’ve heard anything please let me know.

Hi Maggie,

I am also a superhost but my day job is working with medical supplies and equipment (like ventilators - which are now much more in demand than my property in Maryland!).  I don't believe that the steam cleaner will render the environment safe but there are a number of hospital grade cleaning products that are EPA approved and proven to kill the virus for more than 30 days with one application.  If there is a way for you to private message or email me, I can put you in touch with the company in PA that I believe has the best product.  I'm using it on all my surfaces and my linens.

Hi Maggie. If you don't have  disinfectant to use on surfaces then a commercial grade steam cleaner should kill everything, including viruses.  We used one for cleaning in our restaurant for many years. It created dry steam at 150c (300F) and did a great job cleaning and sanitizing all areas of the kitchen and bathrooms. They usually come with several attachments to allow for small or large areas but I don't recall an attachment that would effectively work on fiddly areas like taps, toilet flushes, door handles, light switches.  If your staff plan to use it, best to ensure they are fully trained on the equipment, to avoid risk of serious scalding.

Hi to all of my fellow Airbnb Hosts.  I have been an Airbnb Host for many years and have never had such a negative impact such as what has happened over the last couple of months.  I was very excited to hear about the possibility of hosting our medical community to compensate for our loss in traveling guests, however my properties are vacant even though I did offer a discount.  Even though this program has not planned out for me, I can only be grateful that it is possibly due to the fact that California has not been impacted as much as expected.  I wish everyone a fast recovery to their Airbnb business and am looking forward to hearing better news on future posts.....me included!

Hi Maggie,

Sorry I can't answer your question about the steam cleaner, but I DO have a question about your place.

I'm also a superhost in Seattle (West Seattle, specifically). I'm wondering if you included anything special in your listing that made it appealing to the nurse and EMT? We'd love to host people on the front lines but I don't know if it's best to call out any special features that might appeal to people (self-contained unit, disinfected, etc.).

Thanks and best of luck to you and everyone else here!

Beth

I use a steamer on my floors. I heard it supposed be able to kill viruses.