AIRBNB WITHOLDING THOUSANDS OF $$$ IN PAYOUTS

Jiayu6
Level 2
null

AIRBNB WITHOLDING THOUSANDS OF $$$ IN PAYOUTS

It's been three weeks since Airbnb has withheld our payouts for two of our short-term rental properties in New Brunswick.

We've updated the tax forms, KYC forms, switched primary hosts and called Airbnb customer support almost every single day with no concrete answers or solutions. Their "support ambassadors" and "special teams" kept giving vague explanations, empty promises, and ended each call as they "needed more time to look into the matter" and "would call me back".

We are full-time real estate investors relying on STR income for these two particular properties to cover the mortgage, cleaners, utilities, property managers, and other recurring bills. Over these three weeks, we were honored to have hosted refugees from Ukraine, new immigrants from Africa, a group of groomsmen and groom having a "boys' retreat", and newcomers moving to the Maritimes from other Canadian provinces. The payouts were, unfortunately, withheld from Airbnb.

I later found out that a handful of Airbnb hosts in my network experienced the same issue with no end in sight. They owe us $8400+, but for one particular host, $250k+ of frozen payouts. Anyone else having the same issue? 

@Airbnb How am I supposed to pay my mortgage? How am I supposed to pay my cleaners & staff who all rely on this income? How are you planning on resolving this situation before we take legal action??
5 Replies 5
Harry67
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue. We have not had a payout since 3rd November 2022 and we also get the same story. We're now owed circa £40,000 with no end in sight. 

We too have financial obligations to meet and it is causing a huge amount of stress for us. We call and message Airbnb regularly and they have nothing to tell me.

I'm beyond shocked at how a big global company like this can treat hosts like this. I reached out to a larger competitor in London who have 1,000+ properties and they too have had the same issues with them in the past. They've now moved most of their rentals away from Airbnb because of this. 

We feel helpless

Emilie
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Harry67 Really sorry to hear you're having some issues with recent payouts! I've nudged the team for you about this, if I get more info back I'll let you know here. 

Thanks, 

Emilie

Vous ne trouvez pas ce que vous cherchez ? Cliquez ici pour Cliquez ici pour démarrer une conversation!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

Harry67
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Emilie

I really hope that works. I've been waiting for 21 days with no progress. It is paralysing my business and I'm losing a lot of sleep over this.

I spoke to one of the team again yesterday and they said they can see the pay-outs team have looked at my case a while ago but haven't done anything since. 

I do hope your 'nudge' helps to resolve this issue quickly. Otherwise, we will have to seek alternative temporary funding at a high interest rate to keep our business operating.

Best wishes,

Harry
House of Kip

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jiayu6 @Harry67 

Thats serious stuff I do wish airbnb would stop this, I can understand the lack of communication is a big problem,

This could be a problem for anyone of us, at the end of the day we are all in business and no business can survive without money.

Right now I only have one property on airbnb but I have setup other options should this happen to us, 

I do hope you can resolve this, 

Quincy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jiayu6, I'm very sorry to hear that this has still not been resolved. Sadly, I can't look into the specific reasons as I'm not part of the customer service team, however, let me pass this on to the team. 

Kun je niet vinden waar je naar op zoek bent? Klik hier om een gesprek te beginnen!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay