delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Nadia901
Level 3
Lviv, Ukraine

delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Dear colleagues, I am a host from Ukraine and work with Airbnb for 8 years, never had any serious problems. However, they have recently stopped transferring payouts to me, one of them being due for 10 days now. Nothing has changed in my layout and I know that some other Ukrainian hosts are getting paid. I have written to the customer service several times, but they ignore the request, saying that I have already applied regarding this issue. I call them daily, but all they say is that my issue "is being studied". I have quite a number of upcoming reservations and I really cannot afford working for free now. I hate to bother the guests, of course, as they have paid their money and should receive services. Did you have such a problem and what would you recommend to do? Thank you very much in advance for your support!

173 Replies 173

@Mike-And-Jane0 help me please with this problem 

please explain the reason, if in sanctions, I will remind that the war in Ukraine because of Russia, people are dying, and other people are trying to earn money to keep the economy.

Help me please, with analogy problem🥺

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Sybe @Nadia901   This seems dreadfully unfair.  I know that some new accounts (and in some cases multiple listings) were set up after the war started in order to collect donations and these were generally frowned upon as potential scams.  In @Nadia901 s case though it is clear that she is a long standing host with many good reviews and fits the accepted criteria of Hosts supporting Hosts during an extremely difficult time.  This really does need escalating as a matter of urgency.

@Kate867 I am sorry to learn from you about some Ukrainian profiteers taking advantage of the support booking initiative, that's a  shame, of course. Now I know this is the reason why Airbnb initiated the check. But firstly before asking people to donate this way,  they must have had a set up in place to make sure the money they take from hosts reach the correct hosts. Their lack of system to transfer the donations shouldn't be the reason to desrupt with the weak surviving businesses of the local hosts. Why would they check the superhosts with years of history with airbnb??? Why didn't they worn ahead and set the time frame so that hosts stop getting reservations and prepare financially to survive without the payouts through the time of their "inspection"? All we get is a strange standard letter saying transfer of the payouts is currently not possible.

@Nadia901 Airbnb didn't initiate the method of booking with hosts in Ukraine in order to transfer money to them. It was actually a host (or hosts), @Kate867 being one of them, that came up with the idea and then many others followed suit. Interestingly Airbnb put the following in their Q1 2022 accounts

In March, a collective effort by our guests demonstrated the power of our community. Airbnb guests began booking homes in Ukraine without any intention of staying in them as a way to support Ukrainian Hosts. Guests were able to choose the Hosts they wanted to support and in certain cases, communicate with the Hosts. We waived all guest and Host fees on these bookings to ensure that all earnings went directly to Hosts. For the quarter ended March 31, 2022, approximately 600,000 nights were booked in Ukraine with a total GBV of about $20 million.

I hope Airbnb get their act together soon with respect to your payments

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Kate867  thank you for sharing this information with me! I must tell you that when I had received an unexpected letter from the far Host amid the chaos and horror of the first month of war, I broke into tears. This was so different and so strong, I can't describe and can't thank you enough!❤ Maybe my issue of outstanding payments was the way to find You via the Community Center to thank You personally for your support and kind thoughts!❤

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Nadia901   There are many many hosts in this group who are trying to support you all, and some have shared the messages they have been getting back.  If you simply put Ukraine in  ‘search the community’ bar at the top of the page then you can see all the posts and will see the level of support.  @Mike-And-Jane0  amongst others, including a lovely lady called Helen (sorry can’t find her exact name but you will see her posts) were particularly helpful in trying to push the message out.  We are all thinking of you during this extremely difficult time and hoping for a swift end to it all.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell 

I see Airbnb customer service has achieved a new low in stopping payments to a Ukrainian host and blaming links to Russia. 
@Nadia901 I hope they sort this out soon. Do feel free to ask other hosts in the same position as you to post here.

@Mike-And-Jane0 thanks a lot for your support! Lack of feedback from Airbnb in this situation is the worst and the Community support is very important!❤ Yes, I shared the link with other Ukrainian hosts. 

Здравствуйте, я из Киева, работаю с Airbnb с 2018 года. С 28 мая я перестала получать платежи. Причину не указывают. Некоторые гости уже уехали, некоторые ещё проживают. Операторы говорят о каких-то проблемах в связи с войной в Украине, но объяснить толком ничего не могут. Один из моих гостей из Америки пытался мне помочь. Ему ответили, что выплату мне отправили. Но она все ещё есть в Предстоящих платежах, как и все остальные. Что делать? В чем вина украинских хостов?

@Наталья157 Наталья, здравствуйте! Я бы Вам рекомендовала перевести это Ваше обращение на английский, иначе наши англоязычные коллеги не станут его обрабатывать. Если Вам некому с этим помочь - обращайтесь!

Доброго дня , в мене така ж ситуація , забрали більше 2 тисяч євро , нічого не відповідають , тільки якісь відмовки .

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

@Nadia901 I am sorry to see this situation has been taking so long to reach a resolution. I have asked someone from our team to look into this for you and they should be in contact with you soon to resolve it.

Warmly,

Catherine

Dear @Catherine-Powell and @Mike-And-Jane0 

Thank you for your attention to my case! 

I am having a very strange experience with Airbnb support now, they either are disinformed about what's going on with my account or are deliberately deceiving my guests and myself: the customer service says to my guests that money was transferred by Airbnb to my bank, which is not true,  all the missing payouts remain in the Upcoming folder.

The letter I received from Customer Service a week ago verbally says that they're not going to pay at this point nor will provide further support on my issue. This is such a strange letter to send to a client in a huge and respected corporation, isn't it...

Yesternight night I received the second letter, 2 weeks after my request, asking to follow the link "to verify the business" and there was no link in the e-mail!!!! I asked immediately to provide it and no answer from the lady "Supporter" ever after. It is so strange, that it makes me feel she did it on purpose to win another week or two...

I am very disappointed and desperate... If they need time to check Ukrainian account - excellent, but why not telling customers and setting the time frames, appointing responsible officer!.. Why ignoring and telling lies all the time???

If it were not for the wonderful people in the Airbnb Community, like Yourself, like my wonderful guests and colleagues, I would close the account and leave the platform immediately... Sorry for pouring all this on you and taking your time!😔😔😔

Have a very nice day!

NadiaScreenshot_20220615-103457_Chrome.jpg

NadiaScreenshot_20220615-102533_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220615-103749_Chrome.jpg