delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Nadia901
Level 3
Lviv, Ukraine

delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Dear colleagues, I am a host from Ukraine and work with Airbnb for 8 years, never had any serious problems. However, they have recently stopped transferring payouts to me, one of them being due for 10 days now. Nothing has changed in my layout and I know that some other Ukrainian hosts are getting paid. I have written to the customer service several times, but they ignore the request, saying that I have already applied regarding this issue. I call them daily, but all they say is that my issue "is being studied". I have quite a number of upcoming reservations and I really cannot afford working for free now. I hate to bother the guests, of course, as they have paid their money and should receive services. Did you have such a problem and what would you recommend to do? Thank you very much in advance for your support!

173 Replies 173

@Nadia901 I see from the messages you have posted that you have a .ru domain name for Airbnb.  I wonder if this is the source of your problems?

@Catherine-Powell As the only person with any influence here please could you look into this further and at least tell Nadia what is going on.

I am at a loss as to how I can help further but will try to get a journalist interested in the case.

@Mike-And-Jane0 I guess the Aibnb authomatically suggests the domain depending on the language. They just didn't have enough time to change their approach I think. When my problem emmerged 2 weeks ago I was abroad in Europe and that's how I got Corina, Anabel, Amanda and other English speaking supporters around. As other Ukrainians get Russian-speaking supporters. It cannot be the reason for Airbnb senior supervisor sending a verification link without the link, can it?🤦‍

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0,

As always, I appreciate you helping and being so supportive of our Host community. Our team is looking @Nadia901's account and they will reach out to her directly.

Kindly,

Catherine

@Catherine-Powell it is good to see that people are finally getting paid. The cynic in me suggests it is down to the worry of bad publicity. I just hope @Nadia901 encourages her fellow hosts to continue to post if they have not been paid.

I would love to know what chump in Airbnb decided to stop paying hosts in Ukraine - I get your compliance people will have been all over this for risking breaking sanctions but they really need to be controlled as I very much doubt a host in Ukraine that has been operating before the invasion is subject to any sanctions.

Dear @Catherine-Powell , unfortunately, nobody reached me and it's almost a month already. I have new Airbnb guests on Thursday, one of them is coming for 3 weeks. I really don't know what to do...

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0,

Thank you for your continuous support and guidance in this thread. You have truly become a such an advocate for many of our Hosts and I find it so heartwarming to see our community coming together.

Our teams are working on verifying and releasing payouts where necessary, and doing it as quickly as they can. They are coordinating with our Community Support team to ensure those who reach out for help here get it, too. We understand this is a challenging time and we want to continue to do our best navigating through this to help our Hosts.

Many thanks,
Catherine

Dear @Catherine-Powell , thanks for passing my case to your team. I'm eager to provide any additional information needed. Today is the 20th day  of my non-payment situation and 4th day after I heard last from my new Airbnb Supporter Amanda - she wrote I would start receiving payments automatically after I complete the verification... I attach her email. Looks like they expected the payouts to start going through automatically, but they never did and still require somebody's magic touch there. Thank you for your support and patience!Screenshot_20220619-115356_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220619-115527_Chrome.jpg

Mariia11
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

Dear colleagues, I (Kyiv, Ukraine) have the same unpleasant situation with non-payment of money. I have been working with Airbnb for 7 years. Airbnb is ignoring my inquiries about the reason for the non-payment, and also ignoring the requests of my guest. Yesterday I received a response that my payments are under sanctions, we cannot help you, your complaint is closed and goodbye. No explanation for the situation. My guest was also denied a refund of his own funds. Airbnb takes other people's money, leaves it in their account and ignores everyone: both host and guests. The situation becomes similar to Airbnb fraud. My guest and I feel cheated and helpless.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nadia901 One thought. If you happen to see a journalist on the streets of Lviv they might be interested in your story. I have sent in to the BBC in England and hope they will take up the story. It is unconscionable that Airbnb publicly support Ukraine and then privately do not pay their hosts in Ukraine.

Good idea, @Mike-And-Jane0 , thanks! I will do so!🌷

Irina556
Level 2
L'viv, Ukraine

У мене проблема з отриманням виплат. Не надходять кошти за 4 бронювання. На моє звернення в службу підтримки сказали оновити спосіб виплат, що я і зробила. Мені було повідомлено про те шо після перевірки кошти зраху надійдуть. Спосіб виплат успішно пройшов перевірку, а кошти так і не надійшли. Служба підтримки не надає жодних відповідей. Я працюю з сайтом 10  років і 10 років є супер хостом.  Що робити ? І куди звертатися далі ?

@Irina556 @Пані Ірино, доброго дня! Гадаю, нашим колегам буде легше опрацювати Ваше звернення, якщо Ви перекладете його англійською, інакше його можуть не взяти до уваги! Якщо нема до кого звернутися по переклад, пишіть

@Irina556  said

I have a problem getting paid. There are no funds for 4 bookings. When I asked the support service, they told me to update the method of payment, which I did. I was informed that after the inspection the funds will be received. The method of payment has been successfully tested, and the funds have not been received. The support service does not provide any answers. I have been working with the site for 10 years and have been a super host for 10 years. What shall I do ? And where to go next?

@Sybe I wonder if you could add all the people in this thread to your valiant attempts to sort out the problem of non payment to Ukrainian hosts.

It is wonderful that the Ukrainian army is doing such a good job of stopping their country being overrun by Russia. If only Airbnb could support their Ukrainian hosts with the same vigour.

Viacheslav8
Level 2
Hamburg, Germany

Unfortunately I face the same issue… No payments since the end of May, no any details and explanation from Airbnb.

I am Ukrainian, verified account - all verification document’s have been provided and accepted.

As well as no any issues with the bank account, as I saw 1 cent payout from Airbnb last week.

I am so much disappointed with the Airbnb support having the same reply as the Topic starter has - we cannot proceed with the payment until certain circumstances are over. 
I am ready to provide all information needed but it seems Airbnb decided to impose sanctions against Ukraine as well (I hope this is just my bad sense of humor!).

@Viacheslav8 I am trying to get a journalist interested in your non-payment issues. I have outstanding requests in to the Daily Mail and the BBC. If you have any contact with journalists in your country perhaps you could ask them to do a piece contrasting the publicity Airbnb garnered from offering to host Ukrainian refugees with the reality on the ground in Ukraine.