delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Nadia901
Level 3
Lviv, Ukraine

delay in payout with no feedback from Airbnb

Dear colleagues, I am a host from Ukraine and work with Airbnb for 8 years, never had any serious problems. However, they have recently stopped transferring payouts to me, one of them being due for 10 days now. Nothing has changed in my layout and I know that some other Ukrainian hosts are getting paid. I have written to the customer service several times, but they ignore the request, saying that I have already applied regarding this issue. I call them daily, but all they say is that my issue "is being studied". I have quite a number of upcoming reservations and I really cannot afford working for free now. I hate to bother the guests, of course, as they have paid their money and should receive services. Did you have such a problem and what would you recommend to do? Thank you very much in advance for your support!

173 Replies 173
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nadia901 @Viacheslav8 @Irina556 @Mariia11 

RESULT - The editor of the Daily Mail has passed this story to her news editor.

@Catherine-Powell @Sybe 

I assume you have a media department to answer their questions? Would you like me to pass on their contact details to the Daily Mail?

I so much appreciate your efforts!

I still hope Airbnb will become transparent to clients in reaction to this (before the media escalation), at least we need to know the reason. If there are any problems - we need to know them, otherwise it looks like Airbnb is simply making money on Ukrainians.

I still have some hope…

@Mike-And-Jane0 , thank you so much for your efforts! We have tens of similar cases in Lviv (that we know about). I shared the link in the Lviv hosts chat, hopefully the hosts will join! Most of Ukrainian journalists are focused on the war issues, but we need to find someone who will support us.

Юрий0
Level 2
Dnipro, Ukraine

@Catherine-Powell @Sybe 

I started working with the airBNB website in December 2014, when I had just moved from occupied Donetsk to Dnipro. As of February 24, 2022, we had 39 apartments in Dnipro and 4 apartments in Irpin on the airBNB website. There was a Superhost status and more than 200 reviews. We have NOT added any new apartments to the BNB website in 2022, all apartments have been added from 2014 to 2021.

As of February 2022, my family and I lived in Gostomel and managed my business in Dnipro and Irpin. On the very first day of the war, my family and I found ourselves under Russian occupation, but we were able to leave Gostomel for Irpin. We spent a week in Irpin, the war was a few kilometers away from us. In early March, I was able to take my relatives out of Irpin to a safer place. We were traveling in our light car with 9 people of my family: me, my wife, my four children, my mother, my sister and her daughter. I will not describe here the horrors that we experienced during that week.

The essence of the appeal is different. On March 12, the BNB website blocked my account.

At first the answer was: we understand, wait and you will be contacted.

Then, on March 19th, I received an email saying "We've disabled your ads until you choose another software provider." I disconnected from the Bnovo program within one day and then connected the Ukrainian software provider Otelms.

The account remained blocked.

I continued to write and call BNB support, but the operators each time gave different information and each time asked me to wait to deal with my issue.

My team and I called not only Russian-speaking support, but also English-speaking US support.

Then, on April 8, I received a letter from the airBNB: "Unfortunately, checking your account showed that we do not have enough information about you and the ads you created for renting individual housing or standard rooms.

The required actions are listed below. Please complete them within 7 days and we will continue to review.

For each listing created between March 3, 2022, please reply to

A document(s) proving that you have access to and manage the ads on your profile, or that you have attempted to add them to your profile."

To which I wrote a letter that we did NOT add apartments after March 3, 2022.

I explain again: all apartments were added to the BNB website from 2014 to 2021. This is easy to check.

Also, in response to the letter, I provided about 40 utility bills for all our apartments. I provided our personal website, where these same apartments are located.

I also suggested that we can take a photo for April 2022 from any of our apartments to make sure that this is a real apartment.

I continued to zone and write in support of the airBNB in ​​order to restore justice.

On May 13, they wrote to me: “We have checked your information and the documents provided. We confirm that all account functions have been fully restored.

The check did not affect the status of "Superhost" in any way.

We have sent you all due payments. The funds will be credited to the account within 15 business days, depending on the timing of the processing of payments by the bank.

In fact, only 17 ads were unlocked, and more than 20 apartments remained hidden from guests.

The money that was promised to be paid within 15 days was NOT paid.

But the BNB company continues to ignore my calls and letters. All operators, after listening to me carefully, create a message in their personal account: "You have already addressed this issue, so we are merging these messages. Correspondence is closed, but you can continue here."

And so for more than three months.

For three months I have been proving that we have worked and continue to work honestly. For three months I have been asking for ALL of my ads to be unblocked. Three months I want justice. I have been waiting for payment for three months, for reservations that were in March.

In fact, as of June 16, we actually continue to work along the Dnipro, I also restored my partially destroyed housing along Irpin and since June we have been slowly renting out studios in Irpin.

Are there responsible employees in the airBNB company to sort out my issue and restore justice?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Viacheslav8 @Irina556 @Mariia11 I've sent you a message here on the Community Center to follow-up on your respective cases, take a look when you have some time please! 

@Юрий0 @Руслана0 I'm really sorry to hear you're in similar situations, I will pass this on to the team for you and let you know if I get any more updates. 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@ Emilie Thanks for reacting.

But I still have no changes ((
NO payments, 20 apartments are hidden from guests

@Emilie I really hope for your support.

Viacheslav8
Level 2
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Emilie,

in my case the payout happened successfully yesterday. I hope this communication in the Community Center was a turning point.

I guess I understand the reason why Airbnb made some additional checks but you should maintain the better quality of communication - this was the main reason for my concerns.

Irina556
Level 2
L'viv, Ukraine

Доброго дня! Гарні новини-сьогодні я отримала переказ! Команда сайту зробила порядок з виплатами! Дякую за допомогу!!! Сподіваюсь що кожен з хостів отримає виплати) 

Mariia11
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

Good evening. I received my money yesterday. It all happened thanks to your support and everyone's attention to the unpleasant situation of non-payment of money to Ukrainian hosts. But unfortunately, many of my colleagues did not receive anything, the guests live, but they do not pay payments. And constant lies, ignore, complete lack of desire to help from the support service. I really hope that all my Ukrainian colleagues will receive their money. In this situation, there is no desire to continue working for Airbnb.

Olha32
Level 2
L'viv, Ukraine

Hi.

I am a superhost from Lviv.

I am doing all my best to help my guest feel comfortable and cosy in our city and in my appartment. 

But there occurs a problem - i do not get any payments since the end of may. 6 guests have already paid for their stay and i haven't got the money, it is held somewhere at the Airbnb.

I haven't got any explanation so far either.

Olha32
Level 2
L'viv, Ukraine

hi Emilie! I have the same problem, the money paid be the guests is kept by the Airbnb. I am from Lviv, and we all are in a difficult financial situation due to the war, and the Airbnb is making it tougher on purpose. 

Are you able to help me?

This is the reply from the Airbnb support that i received:Screenshot_2022-06-18-08-57-42-153_com.airbnb.android.jpgScreenshot_2022-06-18-08-57-53-063_com.airbnb.android.jpg

с 10мая не получаю выплаты на сумму более 2500 евро. мне нечем платить зарплату сотрудникам,нечем оплачивать коммунальные платежи и налоги! я работаю с сайтом с 2015 года.

я звонила и писала письма но так и не получаю никакого ответа от airbnb

since May 10th I have not received payments in excess of 2500 euros. I have nothing to pay salaries to employees, nothing to pay utility bills and taxes! I have been working with the site since 2015.

I called and wrote emails but I still don't get any response from airbnb

Здравствуйте, я из Киева, работаю с Airbnb уже несколько лет. С апреля я перестала получать платежи. Причину не указывают.  сейчас долг от компании 21300грн!

Юрий0
Level 2
Dnipro, Ukraine

@Emilie,@Catherine-Powell ,@Sybe ,

Please could anybody from #Airbnb help me? I can provide any information by your request.Despite on this hard time in Ukraine🇺🇦 I have been working with properties in Dnipro and Irpin.but seems like nobody care my issue.please
@AirbnbHelp
pay attention to it.thank you in advance!

@Mike-And-Jane0

I will be grateful for your help