1099s for 2022

Answered!
Nicole291
Level 3
Fairbanks, AK

1099s for 2022

It’s now February 15.  1099s were due out January 15.  I had about $90k in bookings.  I’m I the only one who hasn’t received their 1099?

airbnb support keeps telling me “I will” get a 1099.  But can’t tell me when 

1 Best Answer

@Nicole291  It is not how many people you had.  It’s how many reservation transactions.  So if you had 90-100 reservations, and each reservation is one payment transaction, then you did not meet the threshold for a 1099, which is 200 transactions.

Airbnb and other OTAs received a reprieve from the IRS and do not have to provide 1099s under the new rules until 2023.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Nicole291
Level 3
Fairbanks, AK

Edit: 2022 1099s were due January 31, 2023

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Nicole291  Did you have 200 guests? In most states (including yours), Airbnb isn’t giving out 1099s unless you had minimum gross revenue of $20,000 AND 200 guests.

I only have one listing.  I guess technically I had over 200 guests.  But only about 90-100 reservations.  

Weird that the IRS would care how many people you had.  I would think they would be interested in the $90k in earnings.  Didn't think AirBnB could make up their own tax reporting rules.

I don't necessarily care whether or not I get a 1099.  Just want to wait forever to get my taxes filed.  But like I said, the AirBNB reps I've contacted keep saying I will, but can't tell me when.  (See attached)

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Nicole291  It is not how many people you had.  It’s how many reservation transactions.  So if you had 90-100 reservations, and each reservation is one payment transaction, then you did not meet the threshold for a 1099, which is 200 transactions.

Airbnb and other OTAs received a reprieve from the IRS and do not have to provide 1099s under the new rules until 2023.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nicole291 ,

I would like to add this thread (click here) for your reference as well, which contains some useful information given by @Lorna170 regarding these forms!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I don't necessarily care whether or not I get a 1099.  Just want to wait forever to get my taxes filed.  But like I said, the AirBNB reps I've contacted keep saying I will, but can't tell me when.  (See attached)

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]