1st booking a disaster

1st booking a disaster

Hi Guys,

1st booking ended up staying 4 weeks. Took me and my wife 6 hours of cleaning today. 

Am I being too harsh to block them from booking again as they are booked into stay again next week! 

The coffee machine was mouldy as had not been cleaned. 

shoes price stickers stuck on door frames instead on bin.

shoe sole behind tv??

hair dryer missing

Curry spilt down front of brand new leather couch - perm stain on it now.

and the flat was filthy in general. 

Positives - bins emptied and beds stripped.

Can anyone else advise what they would have done in my situation please? Is this kind of behaviour expected?

Much thanks 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andrew3096 6 hours of cleaning isn't really too bad for a 4 week stay. It's always going to be worse after 4 weeks than after a few days. That said some of the behaviours are unacceptable - I am just wondering do you leave cleaning supplies and gear in the apartment? 

Hi~

1/10 of our guests  leave the apartment in dirty chaos,  2/10 leave it sparking…7/10 needs a little extra tidy… this is only after 2 nights…

6 hours, consider yourself lucky…:)! 

Any stay after 8 days, we offer guests complimentary  housekeeping service ( we build into the price).  And we alway stock full solutions of cleaning supplies.  

Hairdryer missing stained sofa, open a dialogue with the guest to pay for replacement and cleaning fees.  (hair dryer may have been a mistake) . Not sure about coffee pots care, we offer pods, as in the long rung, costs us less in maintenance fees. . 

Fyi…Takes us 4-5 hours to clean after each guest, as we sanitize as well.  And if nothing needs extra care, we add a maintenance “project” into each cleaning…ie paint touch ups, fix wobbly things..dusting the hard to reach fans…

Holland6
Level 5
Burin, Canada

I know the industry through education. Communication is your magical key.

communication is vital in the hospitality trade.

before and after.

like,,, please be tidy.

four weeks, wow.

Stay safe,
Lean into the wind gently
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Andrew3096

Did you get a resolution to this in the end? 😊

-----